Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Man of Honour
Got my second coffee from my 12 month random coffee thing.

Nicaragua Limoncillo

New one for me. Will give it a day or so to mature then start using it. :D

Caporegime
Including VAT?

VAT, P&P too.

The unit I got is one that they sent out by accident over the busy christmas period so it was returned with a few marks on the box, and a wrong address sticker on the box and he knocked £10 off the price. The unit itself is brand new, with warranty and most importantly, unused.

I plan to throw the box away anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Associate
Got my MC2 this morning. I dialed it in using the beans HD sent with the grinder. Once that was done I swapped the beans for some Indian Monsoon Malabar from Hasbean and the grind was well off.

Having to dial it all in again and by the time I do I will need to use another bean as I would have used up the Malabar. I must have drunk about 15 doubles today LOL

Caporegime
Got my MC2 this morning. I dialed it in using the beans HD sent with the grinder. Once that was done I swapped the beans for some Indian Monsoon Malabar from Hasbean and the grind was well off.

Having to dial it all in again and by the time I do I will need to use another bean as I would have used up the Malabar. I must have drunk about 15 doubles today LOL

Did you get it from Happy Donkey?

I ordered on the phone around 4, still not got an email confirmation....the office is shut now.

Associate
Sure did. Ordered it Monday (via the website) and the courier tried to deliver it yesterday while I was at work. Turned up on the second try this morning.

I only had a small Russell Hobbs burr grinder before and this one is sooooo much better.

Man of Honour
OP

once you get it right you should be able to keep a roll going shot to shot by tweaking slightly. You'll get a feel of how much you need to adjust the grind depending on the pour times after a while.

The problem comes when you switch beans or have a bit of a break from the coffee - Had a huge break just after Christmas as was too busy at work to have coffees in the evening, my shots were totally out for ages :(

Had to spend a half hour faffing and wasting beans to get back in line again!

Man of Honour
I haven't read all 669 posts, but I just wanted to wave at my fellow coffee geeks.

/Rancilio Silvia, Nemox Lux (soon to be Rancilio Rocky), beans roasted to order from hasbean.co.uk :D

Good man. :D

Still to unpack my Silvia - thats for tomorrow. I'm having to stretch out the nice things at the moment - naff all else going on in my life...

Associate
Good man. :D

Still to unpack my Silvia - thats for tomorrow. I'm having to stretch out the nice things at the moment - naff all else going on in my life...

(woman ;) )

I've had my Silvia for about 2 years now, I utterly love her. I'm just trying to justify getting the new grinder, since I got a lovely Canon 40D before Christmas...

Back
Top Bottom