Silo - By Hugh Howey - May 5th

If it's a dream or they are in 'limbo' / purgatory I'm smashing my TV :D
rick-roll-rick-ashley.gif

45 minutes of drip fed story, 2 minutes of a discovery, 3 minutes of action. Roll credits.

I'm still enjoying it but they could be doing so much more with the pacing.
I was thinking about it over the weekend and it's not just the story, there's barely been any character development either and Rebecca Ferguson's character is incredibly annoying. I don't care if they live the rest of their lives in the Silo or venture out and get immediately killed.

I was thinking about it over the weekend and it's not just the story, there's barely been any character development either and Rebecca Ferguson's character is incredibly annoying. I don't care if they live the rest of their lives in the Silo or venture out and get immediately killed.
Same. Her character would be a perfect match for the stale main character from Andor. They're both boring to watch. The only characters I did enjoy were the Sheriff and his wife from the first episode!

Same. Her character would be a perfect match for the stale main character from Andor. They're both boring to watch. The only characters I did enjoy were the Sheriff and his wife from the first episode!

Main character definitely has more and more Andor kind of vibes as it goes on - I don't get this trend of late of characters which are taciturn and detached for no real good reason, touchy, not sharing information which would seem appropriate to do as if it somehow is a narrative device but actually isn't do anything useful for the story except maybe cheaply dragging it out, etc.

ugh... caught up on the last couple of episodes tonight, I just don't get what they are trying to achieve with the show, the first episode or two were full of content and jumped all over the book's pacing which was fairly okay as it seemed to be done to keep people involved and the last few episodes have just gone sideways and had very little real content to them, it's like they did the first two and were like 'whooooaaaaa horse, we have ten episodes to fill, quit spaffing it all up the wall already!!!' and threw a load of filler carp in. Can definitely see it being canned the way it is going sadly. I'm definitely not happy with the way they have changed the story from the books now either, beardy mcbeardface is just annoying, so is Rebecca Ferguson, doubt it's their acting either, they better let... nope, shutting up now before I start throwing spoilers around for the books.

Another episode which doesn't really feel like much happened and then tries to cram a lot into the final minutes :s I just don't feel like there is much pay off for the slower pace - it isn't like you get an immersive dive into the silo - it is mostly rotating around/reusing the same few rooms/sets and not really developing anything you've not already seen or guessed at so far.

Though I'm not actually bored of it yet but it would take a backseat if there was anything else I wanted to watch on currently.

I'll watch todays episode later tonight. However I feel I'll turn to the books or just blatent internet spoilers to find what this is all about before Season 2 even airs.

The show reminds me of Servant, also on AppleTV+. Damn thing just didn't go anywhere in the first 2 seasons and each season just left viewers with more questions than answers.

I'll watch todays episode later tonight. However I feel I'll turn to the books or just blatent internet spoilers to find what this is all about before Season 2 even airs.

The show reminds me of Servant, also on AppleTV+. Damn thing just didn't go anywhere in the first 2 seasons and each season just left viewers with more questions than answers.

There is quite a few things revealed in this episode but ultimately doesn't really move us on from where the story started and the pace is just so indecisive.

Another complete waste of 45 minutes but at least something finally happened.

Is this just a terrible adaption or are the books this boring as well?

As well as thinking Rebecca Ferguson’s character is annoying, the leather jacket guy can’t act for ****, he wouldn’t look out of place on Eastenders.

Last edited:
I like the episode, then again I do like the slow fizzle towards a bombshell
If I wanted 45minutes of hard action I'd watch something else.

It's understandable that some people aint all that fond of this style of series, and that's fine. Each to their own and all that jazz.

I like how they have managed to get viewers to either like the Sheriff Nic and want her to succeed in the same way that Walk and the others in Mech do, or to really dislike her and find her annoying.... just like how other characters in the series, The Mayor, Judicial man and other up-toppers feel towards her.

It's certainly not serious SciFi and comes across as somewhat corny with its random characters like the star man. Little to no mention or return to the pit gate at the bottom of the Silo either.

Strange show.

I enjoyed this week. Typical it picks up with two episodes to go.
Well it's renewed for a second season, so why rush it? This is the problem with a lot of TV shows (and games) today, everything goes to **** because the execs pander to the idiot generations who want everything explained to them in childlike simplicity and in as short a time as possible. So everything gets rushed and everything is dumbed down.

Last edited:
Well it's renewed for a second season, so why rush it? This is the problem with a lot of TV shows (and games) today, everything goes to **** because the execs pander to the idiot generations who want everything explained to them in childlike simplicity and in as short a time as possible. So everything gets rushed and everything is dumbed down.

I think your being a bit harsh, mostly it's because a fair amount of shows aren't slow but just irrelevant and boring. You could say Walking Dead was slow. I'd just say it was crap because nothing happened for vast stretches. I'm OK with this show atm because it feels like it's leading to something, the investigation needs to become more relevant to the premise of why they're there and what for, otherwise it will start to feel like it's not worth the effort.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom