Silverstone Sugo SG05

Associate
Scythe make a 120x12mm super slim fan that would give plenty of clearance from the PSU. Yate loon also make a slim 120mm fan but its not quite as thin as the Scythe.

Problem is slim 120mm fans are pretty hard to get hold of here at the moment and cost quite a bit.
your looking at nearly 60 quid for a axp-140 cooler and slim fan to suit!

Associate
hi guys been a while but i got my head down and finish my mini itx gaming rigs, i purchased some sleeving for the build for all the cables but as i got further and further into the build it got extremly hard to keep the case tidy, really awkward build.

Specs

Silverstone SG05 Case
mini itx zotac 9300 wifi motherboard
core 2 duo E8400@ stock 3Ghz
EVGA 250 gts 1gb gpu
sony slim dvd drive
Western Digital Scorpio Black 160GB 7200RPM SATA-II 16MB Cache
OcUK 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-6400C5 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel

n96202.jpg

font audio,usb and panel cennection sleeved along with case fans sleeved , looking good feeling confident

[
n96204.jpg

power supply sleeved, origanally the cases power supply came with 2- 4 pin molex 3 sata power connectors. I decided to cut off 2 of the sata and 1 molex connectors as the werent bein used in order to cut down on wires.
n96206.jpg

placed power supply in case, more wires, more cluttered
n96209.jpg

ive tried to keep the wireing as clean as possible but it is crazily hard to do it is such a small case, cable management nightmare

n96214.jpg

sata and power connector sleeved for dvd drive

n96221.jpg

ARRGHH looking messy dispite great effort to keep neat
n96226.jpg

other side
n96225.jpg

EVGA 250 GTS
n96227.jpg

n96228.jpg

snug as a bug i a rug, just fits in barley,
28022010040.jpg

i was thinking about, dare i say, stripping this back down and spraying the inside and the power supply black, and the front mesh panel nvidia green what do you guys think? was also concerned about air flow did think sleeving the wire would help not sure if it did or it just made i worse.

any way what do you think?

Last edited:
Associate
cool little setup buddy, just a word of warning with your version 1 zotac 9300 board. Make sure you flash it to the latest bios which resolves a post hanging issue this version can suffers from. mine was running fine for 7 months and suddenly started hanging while verifying dmi pool and eventually corrupted the os, then I noticed a new bios update that addresses the problem.

Soldato
i was thinking about, dare i say, stripping this back down and spraying the inside and the power supply black, and the front mesh panel nvidia green what do you guys think? was also concerned about air flow did think sleeving the wire would help not sure if it did or it just made i worse.

any way what do you think?

It looks nice, but I think you might be right on your observation that the sleeving made things worse. Most of the PSU cables should be long enough to go round the framing. I've got the front panel cables going between the chassis and the facia, then through the hole at the bottom. Keeps them out of the airflow, but it does mean some cables aren't long enough (audio connectors). It's trial and error. IMO Silverstone have made the PSU cables far too long and the front panel cables far too short to effectively manage cable clutter anyway.

Associate
I'm going to be taking a dremel to my PSU and chucking a load of sleeving at it next week sometime. I'm determined to sort out cable management in this system. I'll put some pics up of the rebuild once it's done.

Associate
I'm going to be taking a dremel to my PSU and chucking a load of sleeving at it next week sometime. I'm determined to sort out cable management in this system. I'll put some pics up of the rebuild once it's done.

Right! Just finished a tense day of PSU modding. I've hacked off several metres of cable, drilled an extra hole or two and cut out the fan grill completely. I've also inhaled way too many solder fumes and burnt 2 fingers.

Best news is when I hit the power button the box didn't explode in 400 pounds worth of hardware. I'm just waiting for my sleeving and replacement connectors to arrive and then I'll post some pics. I think I may have tamed the beast that is cable management in this case.

Stay tuned.

Associate
Right! Just finished a tense day of PSU modding. I've hacked off several metres of cable, drilled an extra hole or two and cut out the fan grill completely. I've also inhaled way too many solder fumes and burnt 2 fingers.

Best news is when I hit the power button the box didn't explode in 400 pounds worth of hardware. I'm just waiting for my sleeving and replacement connectors to arrive and then I'll post some pics. I think I may have tamed the beast that is cable management in this case.

Stay tuned.

ha ha i once picked a soldering iron up the wrong end and jesus it didnt half hurt, i always think twice about using them now.look forward to seeing your photos. before you remove the wires from the plug make sure you know where they are going,take a photo of the plug before you start especially the 24 pin one.Good chance for disaster

Associate
Some pics - the SATA cables are only tempoary while I try and find some nice 20cm UV Green cables (that don't seem to exist anywhere right now!)

The yellow and black unsleeved wires you can just about see are the power connector for a graphics card (that I can't afford yet) and until I fit it I'm leaving it as is.

I removed the molex chain but left the ends inside the PSU ready to be connected / converted to whatever I need.

Still to do: Buy a graphics card, fit an optical drive - I'll be using an antec caddy striped down and installed in the usual place so that I can run it off a spare USB port (I also want to stealth is completely so that it looks as though it isn't there form the outside.

Also thinking about a few UV Leds to light the interior...

Oh and I've accidentally installed the front fan backwards - arse!

DSCF0452.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

DSCF0457.jpg

Soldato
Looking good. Might have to try it myself :)

Probably a bit late now, but I found turning the PSU up the other way makes cable management easier. It also barely affects temperatures (it seems the PSU fan as an exhaust is quite useless) and the PSU fan rarely spins up. Makes me wonder how Silverstone came to the conclusion that it was a good idea? I guess they maybe never tested it and just assumed.

Associate
Eeek just bit the bullet and put an XFX 5770 on the credit card - should be here tomorrow and found some cables - will post final pics in another day or two.

Back
Top Bottom