Sim racers - what are you running?

I'm considering triples for this winters rig upgrade (have a 49" single)

I've narrowed it down to two candidates but I'm not sure on IPS/Flat vs CA/Curve (I'd also like to try fitting a bezel free kit)

I know the MSI's will need filing down a bit to line up closer.

Anyone have an opinion on these? I looked at G5s but there's a few different versions and mixed information as to sim racing performance.

53890984106_71d536ff6a_c.jpg

I've narrowed it down to two candidates but I'm not sure on IPS/Flat vs CA/Curve (I'd also like to try fitting a bezel free kit)

Anyone have an opinion on these? I looked at G5s but there's a few different versions and mixed information as to sim racing performance.

I would go flat panels and IPS.

The deeper contrast of the VA panels isn't really as important for sim racing so I'd want the faster, more responsive panel technology.

I would go for flat panels if you can. I've read that curves, especially big ones, can impact on the placement of objects in the world. I believe some sims have curve compensation, but not all do. I will say that I have no experience with curved monitors so can't comment on how true that is. It's just something I read when doing my own research so I went for flat monitors to be on the safe side.

I’ve got triple curved Samsung G5’s (32") and use a bezel free kit, and my brother has had the same setup a little longer than me.

Happy to share my experiences in a bit more detail if it would help. I can’t remember what other monitors I considered now but I’m sure there was something from MSI in there.

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed any issues in world objects etc, and I would describe myself as quite sensitive to things like that, I’ve spend a long old time getting things setup to my liking.I use most sims on the market.

I read that Corsair received some “design trademarks” as collateral against the money, so maybe Fanatec goes under and takes its 95 million euro debt with it, then Corsair brings it back under its own brand? Would that allow them to get the product but not the debt or the infrastructure? No idea, maybe just clutching at straws since I’ve got (& like) Fanatec gear, but maybe there’s something like that going on.

Got a couple questions as I'm planning a sim rig set up (just picked up a Quest 3 and Audi S3 S Line seat!)

- For those that bought through Sim Labs, how much was the customs and delivery charges (I'm in Bristol)?
- Prefer the non slanted look of the Sim Lab (so the Evo) so I'd be better off going Trakracer or GT Omega considering they are UK based and upright?

Have a look at this

Essentially the same rig as trak racer etc but quite a bit cheaper

I had already ordered one from somewhere else when I found this, but I would have ordered this one, they told me delivery is next day as well.

Got a couple questions as I'm planning a sim rig set up (just picked up a Quest 3 and Audi S3 S Line seat!)

- For those that bought through Sim Labs, how much was the customs and delivery charges (I'm in Bristol)?
- Prefer the non slanted look of the Sim Lab (so the Evo) so I'd be better off going Trakracer or GT Omega considering they are UK based and upright?

I go my kit (sim-labs) from Digital Motorsport. Based in Ireland. Deliverd via DHL. No import duty or vat. Same for my GSI wheel that came direct from the states.

Last edited:

You can purchase Sim Lab equipment directly from https://pure-sims.com/ based in England and owned by Ash Sutton (BTCC & sim racer)

Have a look at this

I had already ordered one from somewhere else when I found this, but I would have ordered this one, they told me delivery is next day as well.

Cheers will take a look, cost isn't a huge problem (I'm trying to offset alcohol into sim purchases over the new few months :D whilst slowly getting into the hobby)

I go my kit (sim-labs) from Digital Motorsport. Based in Ireland. Deliverd via DHL. No import duty or vat. Same for my GSI wheel that came direct from the states.

You can purchase Sim Lab equipment directly from https://pure-sims.com/ based in England and owned by Ash Sutton (BTCC & sim racer)

Lovely fellas, these also look promising. Thanks!

I read that Corsair received some “design trademarks” as collateral against the money, so maybe Fanatec goes under and takes its 95 million euro debt with it, then Corsair brings it back under its own brand? Would that allow them to get the product but not the debt or the infrastructure? No idea, maybe just clutching at straws since I’ve got (& like) Fanatec gear, but maybe there’s something like that going on.
I’ve always thought they would just hold on for the brand and let the rest collapse. Corsair have their own factories and ways of getting products to market that clearly were the downfall of Fanatec.

Last edited:

If you do end up ordering anything from SimLab direct I paid 20% VAT + a £13 handling fee to UPS.

Be careful if your order total is on the threshold of £135. I ordered the vario and xero play kits after receiving my rig and paid VAT to SimLab correctly as the order amount was just under the UK import threshold. UPS then demanded VAT + their handling fee before they'd give me the parcel and said I would need to claim the VAT back from them. They messed me about for months and I never saw that money again.

When I wanted the shelf and a few extra bits like brackets and the cup holder I used Pure Sims and avoid UPS where possible now.

Last edited:
Coming from left field here a bit but I have a G27 which is pretty old but not too used, however I’d really like to use it with GT7 on PS4 but of course it’s not compatible. I don’t want to spend a fortune (ideally under £100, preferable less) but is there any way to either get it working or make some sensible trade up? There are some references to unavailable adapters or DIY solutions but nothing recent. I guess also when I got the G27 Logitech was the main game in town (2010?), but lots has changed now and I’m well out the loop. I do have a PC that I play lots of driving games too, but no GT7 and that’s the current itch.

Figured if anyone would know it’d be here.

Have a look at this

I've got it, I will caveat that I've not had opportunity to use it yet as I need the wheel/pedals but it seems very sturdy and the build quality is very good.

Coming from left field here a bit but I have a G27 which is pretty old but not too used, however I’d really like to use it with GT7 on PS4 but of course it’s not compatible. I don’t want to spend a fortune (ideally under £100, preferable less) but is there any way to either get it working or make some sensible trade up? There are some references to unavailable adapters or DIY solutions but nothing recent. I guess also when I got the G27 Logitech was the main game in town (2010?), but lots has changed now and I’m well out the loop. I do have a PC that I play lots of driving games too, but no GT7 and that’s the current itch.

Figured if anyone would know it’d be here.
I’m not sure the situation with adapters, but seen people mention updates can lead to them no longe working till an adapter patch etc. It might be better to sell the wheel and buy whatever the G29 PS4/5 model is, cos I think the adapters are about $/£100 and at least you know it’ll work.

The /simracing sub on Reddit is probably a good place for info, as there’s a good mix of platforms & hardware, and the GT7 sub would at least narrow it down to experiences specific to GT7 & Logitech

Back
Top Bottom