Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
OP
Personally If you can get 120fps then I'd get a 120hz monitor as it does make a big difference.

If budget allows the bigger the better. I went from a 27" to a 49" ultra wide and could never go back now. With the correct FOV you can smash apexes every time.

Soldato
Have you considered VR? Depending on what racing sim you run it works very well, but you need a lot of grunt to do it at a decent frame rate. I've got a 48" OLED and Quest 2 which covers most bases at the moment until I can get a permanent rig setup

Associate
Haven't been receiving notifications for some reason,
34" Ultrawide I use and I really like it. At some point when I move to a proper rig I would like a 49" ultrawide.. I would love triples but the horsepower required is too much for me.

Oh and btw, GT4 race tonight on Race department.

https://www.racedepartment.com/news...ly-events-with-assetto-corsa-competizione.80/
Personally If you can get 120fps then I'd get a 120hz monitor as it does make a big difference.

If budget allows the bigger the better. I went from a 27" to a 49" ultra wide and could never go back now. With the correct FOV you can smash apexes every time.

Still been looking and I think ultrawide is the way I want to go. I'll have a look Into different sizes I seen a 49" curved and it looked mega! I think I could hit 120fps so I'll look around.
Offshore just now so I can't do any races till I'm back. Just look for new things to buy:p

Soldato
ACC doesn't play well in VR.
Having raced in VR for some time now, I just can't go back to pancake race games. Though RIMS Racing might tempt me to go back...

It plays okay if you have ridiculous specs and spend a lot of time getting the settings right, including the use of VR reshade to enable either CAS or filmic sharpening....

Anything other than top end rig and having the cheek to expect it to just actually work without doing 20hrs of research into the optimal settings then yeah.

Soldato
Haven't been receiving notifications for some reason,

Still been looking and I think ultrawide is the way I want to go. I'll have a look Into different sizes I seen a 49" curved and it looked mega! I think I could hit 120fps so I'll look around.
Offshore just now so I can't do any races till I'm back. Just look for new things to buy:p

I had the Samsung 49" 5120 x 1440 and it was very good, but you need some serious hardware to run at 120fps in ACC with the visuals on high+ I prefer the 48" Oled to be honest, but will probably go triples when I have a permanent rig setup.

Soldato
I'm having a mess around with sound at the moment.

I've been using Beyer DT770 250ohm headphones with a Chord Mojo for months and needed a new set of headphones so bought Audeze Mobius 2nd hand.

As the Mobius has onboard amp or something or other, I don't need to use the Mojo.

I downloaded Equaliser APO and played around with the levels. At one point I had to check if the sound was coming from the HiFi speakers as the sound was very immersive.

Having said that, I'm still not sure I don't prefer the DT/Mojo setup. Going to run the Mobius for a while before making a decision.

I also bought 3 Hue Play bars and experimenting with Hue Sync. I saw a lad online who had the Hue Sync set up really well. Not sure I'll keep it but again will run it for a bit see if I can get it right.

Soldato
Was it this dude? I was watching this last night looks amazing!

Not this dude. Foreign guy I think. Still, the same idea.

In the vid, I think he's using the Phillips Hue Gradient. I recently purchased the 65" Gradient together with a Hue Sync Box. £400 later and although it does its "thing" very well, it's just too expensive for what it is. Plus the 65" Gradient is really a bit on the small side for a 65" TV. Both light and box are going back.

I would keep the Gradient as watching that vid, it would work much better than the Plays as they only do one colour at a time. But it's still too much money for a light and would really need an enclosed rig to get the most out of it - as the above vid shows.

Man of Honour
Decided to replace my TrakRacer RS8 with a Sim-Lab GT1-Evo

I’ve only had it a couple of months, nothing particularly wrong with it but I already know I’m going to eventually get a direct drive wheel, which it wouldn’t handle, and there’s a minor annoyance with foot room because of the bar that runs above it. Perfect with socks on but if I wear shoes, they occasionally catch on it

Dreading building it as I’m so bad at stuff like that but the videos I’ve seen don’t look too bad

Now I just need to decide whether I’m getting a Fanatec DD1 or Simucube SC2 Pro.

Associate
I use a Simucube 2 Pro on my GT1-evo. The GT1-Evo is very straight forward to build, and so adjustable. I'd just watch Sim Racing Garage on youtube, Barry goes through building his on it.
My Simucube is mounted to 2 40x40 profiles x200mm long with an adjustable front mount but I'm tempted to change that to a Treq front mount, as I think it'll be more solid solution.

Can't help with DD1 or Simucube, guess depends which ecosystem you're already in.

Man of Honour
I use a Simucube 2 Pro on my GT1-evo. The GT1-Evo is very straight forward to build, and so adjustable. I'd just watch Sim Racing Garage on youtube, Barry goes through building his on it.
My Simucube is mounted to 2 40x40 profiles x200mm long with an adjustable front mount but I'm tempted to change that to a Treq front mount, as I think it'll be more solid solution.

Can't help with DD1 or Simucube, guess depends which ecosystem you're already in.

I have a Thrustmaster TS-XW at the moment, so can go either way. I'm leaning more towards the Simucube, as ultimately, I think I prefer their overall package.

Just checked out that video as well, thanks. Made me feel a lot better about building it as it looks simple enough, sure I'll mess it up somehow though :D

Back
Top Bottom