Sim racers - what are you running?

Man of Honour
Took me 3 hours @pacegod, lots of swearing, re-adjusting followed by some more re-adjusting, finished with some re-adjusting and it's done. I'm very impressed with it but for now I don't want to see it for a few hours until I calm down :D

Associate
Had a notification I should be getting my shipping number soon for my CSL DD, anyone else ordered one?

Not ordered one, but I am waiting on the version to go with my PS5 for Gran Turismo when ever thats out. I have an F1 2021 wheel waiting for it.

From reviews its seems a decent upgrade from the belt wheels, unless you have a CSW 2.5.

Soldato
Had a notification I should be getting my shipping number soon for my CSL DD, anyone else ordered one?

Wave 2 and date moved up a month.

Not ordered one, but I am waiting on the version to go with my PS5 for Gran Turismo when ever thats out. I have an F1 2021 wheel waiting for it.

From reviews its seems a decent upgrade from the belt wheels, unless you have a CSW 2.5.
You might as well get one now because God knows when you'll see GT7 now they have decided to go multi-generation with it, could even pull another 'prologue'.

Soldato
1) Photo's on social media from Fanatec of a metric ****ton of CSL DDs awaiting dispatch.

2) The following email : "We have some great news! Your CSL DD pre-order is shipping soon, earlier than originally planned. You should see your tracking number in the ‘Orders’ section of your account once it is processed."

3) Status is now "The order has been processed". No tracking number yet.

As far as Fanatec are concerned it's dispatched and the warranty is now ticking down. Pre-Brexit it'd have been here today, as my CSW was when I ordered it years ago.

Soldato
1) Photo's on social media from Fanatec of a metric ****ton of CSL DDs awaiting dispatch.

2) The following email : "We have some great news! Your CSL DD pre-order is shipping soon, earlier than originally planned. You should see your tracking number in the ‘Orders’ section of your account once it is processed."

3) Status is now "The order has been processed". No tracking number yet.

As far as Fanatec are concerned it's dispatched and the warranty is now ticking down. Pre-Brexit it'd have been here today, as my CSW was when I ordered it years ago.

UK fella on FB has his so you might just be unlucky.

Associate
Got my dispatch email yesterday and it popped into my UPS tracking app this morning... Problem being I got impatient and bought a DD2 last month :cry:

If anyone fancies a laugh, I'm streaming my intro into sim racing over on Twitch (twitch.tv/jc_r4cer) everything Thursday at 8pm. Heckling is more than welcome as I try to improve my driving :cry:

Soldato
I'm sure it'll arrive. Not in work next week, so if it arrives for then it gives me something to do! :D

Got my dispatch email yesterday and it popped into my UPS tracking app this morning... Problem being I got impatient and bought a DD2 last month :cry:

If anyone fancies a laugh, I'm streaming my intro into sim racing over on Twitch (twitch.tv/jc_r4cer) everything Thursday at 8pm. Heckling is more than welcome as I try to improve my driving :cry:

Just read something disconcerting on Reddit about Fanatec not putting the correct commodity code or just omitting it on the invoice so UPS is using a generic one so you get charged more due to duty fees :eek:

UK Import Fees : Fanatec (reddit.com)

Soldato
Just read something disconcerting on Reddit about Fanatec not putting the correct commodity code or just omitting it on the invoice so UPS is using a generic one so you get charged more due to duty fees :eek:

UK Import Fees : Fanatec (reddit.com)

That's odd, they did get the commodity codes correct earlier in the year. Friend ordered a Podium wheel base back in March which didn't attract import duty as it was correctly classified as a video game controller which is zero rate.

Soldato
Update - I've got the UPS app installed on my phone and a tracking account, which alerts to incoming deliveries.
Fanatec have created the shipping label, UPS are awaiting the package. Hopefully shipping today.

Back
Top Bottom