Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Yeah, tracking number popped up early yesterday. UPS app likes the tracking number and is happily reporting it was collected yesterday and is currently in Herne-Boering....

I've not had the usual UPS Quantum View Shipping Notification that Fanatec orders generate when dispatched. If they've not sent that, how can they email me a tax invoice?

Associate
Posting in here reminded me that I haven't posted the new rig!

pxl_20210729_211651222-1-e1629467299964.jpg

Enjoying getting back into the seat and getting some serious laps in!

Soldato
Still not a single email from UPS, I guess there's a glitch in the matrix. Odd as the same Fanatec account has always generated them in the past.

Couple of my team mates in a later wave got "we want your pound of flesh" emails this evening, so I checked the UPS smartphone app and low and behold it's asking for import charges to be paid. Can't do it via the app. Website had a "Pay Now" button, so it's now sorted. :)

Soldato
I’ve had an email from UPS:
As a matter of urgency, please provide us with your clearance instructions; including

- Please confirm what item is the COMMODITY 1
- Any other information we must take into account when completing this Customs declaration on your behalf

They’ve sent me a copy of the invoice with this email, I’ve just responded with ‘video game controller’.

Soldato
So not had a load of time to test it but coming from the CSW 2.5 I'm impressed, I went for the full CSL DD with Boost Kit. Its tiny, well built and is heavier than you'd expect from its size. Having no fan is nice and it doesn't get warm at all so they've done a good job on heat management. Nice to get a very long usb c cable as I can run it easily to both my PC and Xbox.

I've tried it on AMS2 and ACC on the PC and even in compatibility mode (makes the base into a CSW 2.5 from the game prospective until its coded natively) it works very well. It is significantly smoother and consistent than i found the CSW to be with better response and feeling more from the car in terms of feedback. Not had enough time to see if I'm quicker than with the CSW but it definitely feels more consistent.

I've also tried F1 2021 on the Xbox Series X and this is a revelation, it's so much smoother than the CSW and I'm quicker and have more confidence in what the car is doing than before. I'm significantly quicker and more consistent than I've ever been and thats a very big plus in my book.

If I manage to sell my CSW on the upgrade won't have cost me too much and it'll have been well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom