Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
They have 2 and soon to be 3 versions of th QR, the plastic versions which comes with the lower end wheels (WRC and McLaren v2), the metal versions which is available separately and also comes with the mid/higher end wheels (F1 v2, Porsche etc) and the new yet to be released QR2. The QR2 is due with the super high end wheels like the M3 GT and Bentley wheel and is likely to be upgradable on the current wheels too, but will require a change to the column on the DD1/2 and CSL DD when its released.

I have the CSL DD and F1 V2 wheel and its superb on the CSL DD and works perfectly, I have the upgraded advanced paddle module and am very pleased with it.

Thank you very much for your insights J1nxy. Much appreciated really.
So you also have the CS DD AND the CS Formula V2.0 Wheel? (just like me?)

Did you not bother with this? https://fanatec.com/eu-en/accessori...r1-wheel-side-clubsport-quick-release-adapter ?
Or is it not necessary (is it the same on the V2 wheel already?)

And the advanced module you are referring to, is it this one? https://fanatec.com/eu-en/shifters-others/podium-advanced-paddle-module

Your existing wheel is fine. Cost £0.

No difference. It's an upgrade for the cheaper wheels like the Macca v2 that come with a cheaper mounting option.

As stated previously - we don't know. It's not launched yet. It's specifically for DD wheelbases.

Yes. It's listed as compatible on the steering wheel product page. Anything with a QR1 is. I've got two six year old steering wheels that work just fine, one needed a firmware update which it asked for automatically at setup.

Thanks also MB for clarifying my concerns. Was worried there for a second! :)
Really appreciate your insights.

Soldato
Thank you very much for your insights J1nxy. Much appreciated really.
So you also have the CS DD AND the CS Formula V2.0 Wheel? (just like me?)

Did you not bother with this? https://fanatec.com/eu-en/accessori...r1-wheel-side-clubsport-quick-release-adapter ?
Or is it not necessary (is it the same on the V2 wheel already?)

And the advanced module you are referring to, is it this one? https://fanatec.com/eu-en/shifters-others/podium-advanced-paddle-module

Yes I have the CSL DD and the Formula V2.

Mine has that QR already installed, so no need to upgrade and yes that's the module I have installed and its superb.

Soldato
So my CSL DD order is now being processed and shipped soon.

How is everyone getting on with their CSL DD?

This is going to be quite a change for me, coming from the Logitech G920.

Soldato
I came from a T300 so the difference was not as big for me but still an improvement. Honestly like everyone says the biggest difference you will ever get for sim racing is getting a decent set of pedals. When I got my V3s it was a ridiculous improvement over T3PAs and I am now strongly tempted to get the Heusinkvelds.

Soldato
I have Sprints. Noticeable improvement over V3s.

More noticeable, in my case anyway, than going from the 2.5 base to Simucube DD.

Finished my first DIY wheel over the weekend. Cheap AliExpress OMP copy and 3D printed button box. LeoB board and Turn padals.

Close to completing an Aston GT3 wheel too.

Soldato
Ok so got the csl dd...
and yes.. blimey there is a difference....
just so much smoother and the rumbles/ffb into the wheel, quite amazing.

But one thing Im not sure of is the FFB settings, for example I think the settings on the base has this set to 100%....
Doesnt this seem overkill for games like F1?

What do you guys set this to?

Soldato
Ok so got the csl dd...
and yes.. blimey there is a difference....
just so much smoother and the rumbles/ffb into the wheel, quite amazing.

But one thing Im not sure of is the FFB settings, for example I think the settings on the base has this set to 100%....
Doesnt this seem overkill for games like F1?

What do you guys set this to?

the in-game ff effects are set to a lower percentage of that. Are you using fanalab to getting the settings?

Soldato
I'm getting into sim racing. Now my new PC is finished, time to start on the next phase.

Just ordered a CSL DD, 180 Booster, Clubsport V3 pedals and a Mclaren GT3 wheel. Looking forward to it :D

This will have to do me for a good while until I can save up for the cockpit.

Soldato
I'm getting into sim racing. Now my new PC is finished, time to start on the next phase.

Just ordered a CSL DD, 180 Booster, Clubsport V3 pedals and a Mclaren GT3 wheel. Looking forward to it :D

This will have to do me for a good while until I can save up for the cockpit.
Out of interest what date were you given for despatch?

Soldato
Pics or it never happened.:D
Just ordered a turn racing r20 30cm rim to replace a motomec 32cm d shape rim, paired with my ascher racing c26l button box.

51554278569_27a9af71c7_z.jpg

:D - wasn't particularly hard to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom