Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Associate
I've added this to mine and I sit on it.

I've looked at my whole seating setup and my feet are much much higher than they are in a road car.....meaning all of my weight is on the base of my spine. My thighs are not supporting me at all. So this weekend i'll be lowering my pedal deck down to as low as I can get it. I don't think there's any adjustment in the seat position that will help, but i'll look at that also.

Associate
I've just bought some of these:

My monitors are 99% spot on.....but since adding the ASUS bezel free kit it's highlighting the 1% that I can't get them to be perfect. I'm hoping these will be the missing part of the puzzle in thr quest for perfection.

Associate
I've looked at my whole seating setup and my feet are much much higher than they are in a road car.....meaning all of my weight is on the base of my spine. My thighs are not supporting me at all. So this weekend i'll be lowering my pedal deck down to as low as I can get it. I don't think there's any adjustment in the seat position that will help, but i'll look at that also.

I'm now a few hours down a rabbit hole of "setup positioning". More work for the weekend. Ha

Associate
Hi Guys,

Received the Moza R5 bundle for my 40th birthday. My first ever experience in my life with a wheel (even in a real life, never had a driver license), it’s at the same time amazing and overwhelming for a noob like me. So many parameters and settings to learn and understand.

I’m mainly an Assetto Corsa player, if you game any tips or recommendations I’m all ears.

Got the kit with the brake pedal performance mod and the ES Formula wheel mod, both were super easy to install.

Last edited:
Associate
Awesome.
Only a couple of small points. Is the desk beefy enough to hold onto the wheel? make sure the pedals are firm on the floor and don't move. For your seat use one on legs rather than on wheels so your position remains static.

I'd think you'd want to raise your screen and bring it closer to you if possible.

Associate
The desk is ok I would say but not the best as quite thin. Have been looking for a new one in the past few months but haven't found "the perfect one" yet :D

Pedals were initially all over the place with the installation of the brake pedal perfomance kit, which makes it very stiff. Sorted by blocking it with the wood panel at the end/bottom but again not ideal, not sure what would be the best solution here as going for a proper cockpit setup is out of the question.

I'll give it a go when it comes to the screen, thanks ;)

Last edited:
Associate
I wondered if that wood was a support. Lots of people use a solution like that. You can get it 99% right so that will be fine. The screen you could maybe make a simple shelf that you lift your screen forward an up onto when you're racing.

You'll find lots of guides and calculators online for measuring idea distances etc. I've spent far too much time sat in mine with a tape heasure and spirit level off the end of my nose. Ha....and i'm changing it again this week to find a more comfortable seating solution.

Associate
Probably best to ask for settings on the Moza discord.
As for AC, are you using Content Manager and got it all prettied up with SOL/Shaders?
Oh yeah, fully modded to the bone :cool:

I’ve been on the Discord since last night, checking and trying different things. But what’s hard for me, having no point of comparison, is if whether or not the feeling I get when driving is good/right. I could be potentially driving feeling that it is how it is supposed to be and someone with more experience would tweak things and make it a million time better :D

Soldato

I’ve been on the Discord since last night, checking and trying different things. But what’s hard for me, having no point of comparison, is if whether or not the feeling I get when driving is good/right. I could be potentially driving feeling that it is how it is supposed to be and someone with more experience would tweak things and make it a million time better :D
only you can decide if its good or not.

it is down to personal preferences

Soldato

Yeah, pretty much what Jonney said. It really comes down to whether it feels good to you, as everyone has their preference and idea of what feels 'right'.
As long as it's giving you a good feel for what the car is doing and provides decent resistance without being notchy, you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom