Skate 2

I've no idea, if you get the first one before Friday I'll try multiplayer though. Its mostly a single player game really in my experience, sounds like the multiplayer is better fleshed out in the sequel.

Skate 2 has got a new thing where you can go into online free skate from single player really quickly (similar to Burnout Paradise) whether its the whole map or just divides a section off I don't know. Should be a good feature though, will have to do a list of people that have it so we can add each other.

A Burnout Paradise style free-roaming multiplayer mode would be fantastic, with the ability to bring up challenges and stuff. The BP multiplayer setup is awesome and also created by EA, so here's hoping :)

Yeah free skating online now lets you start mini challenges as supposed to going into a full blown new mode (although you can do that as well) Should make for some good play.

On the 360 demo I have noticed slight slowdown during bails that enter the 'hall of meat' (or whatever it is called).

Also, does anyone know if you can (or will be able to in the retail release) remove the annoying vignette effect around the corners of the screen?

I noticed pretty obvious slow-down on the PS3 version. I played it for a lot longer than the 360 version so maybe I noticed it more. Will play the 360 one again later, but it did get quite sluggish at times, especially when I was moving quickly and carving ramps.

Well people seem to be saying there are framerate issues with the PS3 demo, if you're talking features though, there aren't any that I've heard about.

I've downloaded both demos, will check em out, was mainly wondering about any features or any exclusive contracts with either party.

Dunno what to get it on, possibly the PS3 as i prefer the DS3, will see what it is like with the demo as i just didn't like playing skate with the 360's controller, felt like the thumb wasn't in a great position.

All IMO though.

I simply cannot believe that the developer (blackbox iirc) has not managed to address the poor frame rate on the PS3 which was in painful abundance in Skate 1. What the hell have these guy's been doing for the past year ffs !

Is it me, or do we have a severe lack of any decent programmers out in the industry ?

How come the likes of Criterion can develop Burnout Paradise which runs super smooth at 60 fps on both PS3 and 360, and Killzone 2 which looks phenomenal and presumably will run just as well, but EA and Blackbox cannot produce Skate 2 to run at 60fps as it should ? Do EA need more funding and therefore technical research/input ? I think not.

Boll***s , I for one will not be purchasing this game, I was really looking forward to it as well :(

http://gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/090119Skate2framerate.aspx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom