Skate 2

I simply cannot believe that the developer (blackbox iirc) has not managed to address the poor frame rate on the PS3 which was in painful abundance in Skate 1. What the hell have these guy's been doing for the past year ffs !

Is it me, or do we have a severe lack of any decent programmers out in the industry ?

How come the likes of Criterion can develop Burnout Paradise which runs super smooth at 60 fps on both PS3 and 360, and Killzone 2 which looks phenomenal and presumably will run just as well, but EA and Blackbox cannot produce Skate 2 to run at 60fps as it should ? Do EA need more funding and therefore technical research/input ? I think not.

Boll***s , I for one will not be purchasing this game, I was really looking forward to it as well :(

http://gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/090119Skate2framerate.aspx

Actually EA Make Burnout too :p

I played both demo's and didn't think either had a worst frame rate than the other. Also IGN didn't mention the framerate, and they are usually quite happy to mention inferior PS3 versions.

I honestly havent noticed any framerate issues yet in the PS3 except when I bail. I cant even see what people are trying to over exaggerate. It runs better than Call of duty.

IGN gave it 8.3, reading the review it seems pretty solid with the main complaint being that it doesn't reinvent the wheel....but who was expecting it to? They did that last time, Im just happy to see the same core concept with better online, new areas, new tricks, and that's what we're getting.

Im just happy to see the same core concept with better online, new areas, new tricks, and that's what we're getting.

and that feeling you get when you pull off a trick you've been trying to do for ages. I finally did a hippy jump under the picnic bench in the demo after about 4 or 5 plays.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the first one (even with it's flaws) so have pre-ordered this and traded in the original Skate.

The original just has a nice feel and was great to just skate around the city not even doing the challenges.

Add me PSN : DrMushroom if anyone wants to try the online

IGN gave it 8.3, reading the review it seems pretty solid with the main complaint being that it doesn't reinvent the wheel....but who was expecting it to? They did that last time, Im just happy to see the same core concept with better online, new areas, new tricks, and that's what we're getting.

Good! I only rented skate 1 (3 months) and always wished I bought it but never saw it for a bargain price, so I was basically waiting until skate 2 was released to shell out...good timing too...finished most of my xmas games. :D

Played this today in a store, have to say it feels great. People worried about the gameworld being too cluttered based on the demo shouldn't be. I was skating around downtown and it felt just as natural as the first with plenty of room. Going down to get it tomorrow :)

Received this today i'm quite enjoying it but something doesn't quite seem right about it....

My major complaint is the level design isn't as fluent as the original and i don't like how there are ramps almost everywhere it has definitely lost a sense of realism in that way :(

I'll give a proper opinion in the weekend when i've had a full on session on it

Last edited:
mine arrived this afternoon - been playing all night - so far - its exactly what i wanted

it shows that blackbox have really listened to their fans - thats what developers should do

its refreshing to see an ea related company so involved

loving the game so far

EA "Time is Money" pack

Have you ever seen anything like this ?? DLC on release day to unlock all content in the game from the career mode for those too lazy to play it...

Thoughts on this please...

The only problem I have with it is that DLC such as this would require nothing more than a cheat code to unlock a few years ago.

But since games are far more expensive to make these days, I guess it's no big deal if this is one of the ways they gain a little extra revenue.

Got this on PS3 yesterday and played a bit.
I am enjoying it, the only complaint i have is the camera sometimes. It seems to sit at a slightly diff angle to skate and sometimes finding rails can be a pain. Also when you are going fast the camera can lag, for example in the races.

Other than that, no complaints, yet. :)

Back
Top Bottom