Skate 2

Soldato
Skate one was awesome! Easily one of my best games last year! :D

Used to love the tony hawk series, but after this, it doesnt compare.

All of those anti EA people who say they cant make a decent game - play this! :D

Caporegime
OP
This really does sound like it is going to be great. Over 200 moves in it now.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194586

"You find your former home a much more oppressive place for skaters. Some grinds and half-pipes have skatestoppers on them - little aluminium plugs that will send you flying off your board if you don't spot them messing up a line. What's more, the Skate 2 staff say more of these will appear if you 'misbehave', but instantly clam up when we ask what exactly that means. "

They sound annoying :(

Rest of that article looks great though.

Associate
Good article, more of a teaser article than anything else but still good.

I am sure there are loads of extra features they could add in, but like in the first one I think they will probably hold some stuff back.

Like the sounds of all the new stuff. Being able to drag stuff around to create your own unique lines sounds great!

I hope they improve the skate reel stuff and let you store as many videos as you want. Also would be good if they give you the ability to edit your videos together.

Soldato
"You find your former home a much more oppressive place for skaters. Some grinds and half-pipes have skatestoppers on them - little aluminium plugs that will send you flying off your board if you don't spot them messing up a line. What's more, the Skate 2 staff say more of these will appear if you 'misbehave', but instantly clam up when we ask what exactly that means. "

They sound annoying :(

Rest of that article looks great though.

That does sound very annoying. I always found the security gaurds a PITA in Skate.

Caporegime
OP
Id like the loading times for videos to be quicker, it was so long that I didn't bother really. More room for photos as well, and be able to scroll through them quicker.

Soldato
Id like the loading times for videos to be quicker, it was so long that I didn't bother really. More room for photos as well, and be able to scroll through them quicker.

You just reminded me of the ONE thing that really annoyed me about this game. When you set a line and you press the button to go back to it, but because you have gone up/down higher/lower than the start point it brings up the loading screen each time you reset to the start of your line. SO BLOODY ANNOYING when going for challenges.

Associate
You just reminded me of the ONE thing that really annoyed me about this game. When you set a line and you press the button to go back to it, but because you have gone up/down higher/lower than the start point it brings up the loading screen each time you reset to the start of your line. SO BLOODY ANNOYING when going for challenges.

agreed, the worse thing is, is that it seemed quite random. Sometimes you could go quite far and it wouldn't be a problem. Other times you would go 100 yards and you would be "out of range"

Associate
I was think of a bmx version think that would be good. Someone must be thinking about it, no doubt we might see one in about 3 years time.

Soldato
Has anyone looked at Shawn White's Snowboarding?

It looks similar to what EA have done with Skate.

Large open, realistic worlds where you have to search for jumps etc rather than just random jumps next to some guys house.

Looks like it could be quite cool too :)

Back
Top Bottom