Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
Hi Mischief - my mother in law has been on BT for the last 20 years paying over £50 a month for phone and 2mb broadband. Do you have any offers or any codes that could help her move over to Sky? Thinking for TV, Phone and Broadband.

Associate
thanks for the consistency sky. this happens once a month without fail
HWr7Ap6.png

i'd like to take this comment back. turns out a naughty client was torrenting...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Whats the best third party router I can use with Sky Fibre for a largish house? Happy to pay up to £200, my mate just got an ASUS DSL-AC88U AC3100 for use with Talk Talk Fibre but I can't get confirmation that it works with Sky?

Soldato
Whats the best third party router I can use with Sky Fibre for a largish house? Happy to pay up to £200, my mate just got an ASUS DSL-AC88U AC3100 for use with Talk Talk Fibre but I can't get confirmation that it works with Sky?

As long as router supports MER-Mac Encapsulated Routing it will work but you must have your Sky username and password use wire shark to find it Google it.

I'm using a Netgear D7000[modem/router combo] which has been solid from day one, its got a lot of options like QOS for one.

QOS-lets you share your bandwidth with device and users plus what percentage they get.

I'v just reached my first 1007hrs with out a disconnection never done that with a sky hub, gaming is a joy now.

Associate
Hi,

Anyone know of any offers currently available for Sky fibre unlimited and basic TV package. £47 on the website. This doesn't seem to bad as I was paying £37 with BT for just fibre broadband but thought it was worth checking.

Cheers

Caporegime
Hi,

Anyone know of any offers currently available for Sky fibre unlimited and basic TV package. £47 on the website. This doesn't seem to bad as I was paying £37 with BT for just fibre broadband but thought it was worth checking.

Cheers
Should be able to get unlimited and line rental for £30 or if you have Sky TV for £25 but will recontract your TV for the 18m of your fibre contract too.

Associate
Hi @MissChief thanks, I am probably misreading it but I do not quite understand your reply do you think I should be able to get Unlimited Fibre and Basic Sky TV package for £30? If so that sounds great where would I find this sort of deal?

At the moment I have Freeview and BT Broadband so no Sky services.

Caporegime
Hi @MissChief thanks, I am probably misreading it but I do not quite understand your reply do you think I should be able to get Unlimited Fibre and Basic Sky TV package for £30? If so that sounds great where would I find this sort of deal?

At the moment I have Freeview and BT Broadband so no Sky services.
Its the standard offer I believe. Try calling or check online?

Soldato
Hi Mischief - my mother in law has been on BT for the last 20 years paying over £50 a month for phone and 2mb broadband. Do you have any offers or any codes that could help her move over to Sky? Thinking for TV, Phone and Broadband.

I've just switched my nan to Sky via Quidco. We got the following:
£40 cashback (via Quidco)
Unlimited standard broadband
Talk anytime extra
= £23 a month for 12 months
£10 initial fee.

Soldato

Either login to MyBT and check the offers out, or give them a call and tell them how much shes paying for a 2mb broadband connection, and say your thinking of leaving. They should offer you a new deal.

Associate
Its the standard offer I believe. Try calling or check online?

Best I can see on the website is £47 will give them a call tomorrow and see what they offer that way.
  • Sky Q£22 Original
  • Sky Talk Pay As You Talk £0
  • Sky Line Rental £18.99
  • Sky Fibre Unlimited £6.01 - 18 Months £13.99 Off Sky Fibre Unlimited

• Total monthly cost £47

Caporegime
Best I can see on the website is £47 will give them a call tomorrow and see what they offer that way.
  • Sky Q£22 Original
  • Sky Talk Pay As You Talk £0
  • Sky Line Rental £18.99
  • Sky Fibre Unlimited £6.01 - 18 Months £13.99 Off Sky Fibre Unlimited

• Total monthly cost £47
So that is Fibre and Line Rental for £25? Of course the TV is extra though. Trust message me for a friends and family code if you're a new customer.

Back
Top Bottom