Sky Fibre Optic

Nem

Nem

Associate
Chances are your devices are trying to stay on 5ghz instead of dropping to 2.4. Try splitting the ssid's?
I did try this already from advice on sky user forum but didn't seem to make much difference. Although I was assuming if a device could 'see' the 5Ghz one to put them on it as it was faster and better range. Should I be leaving everything on 2.4Ghz instead?

Caporegime
I did try this already from advice on sky user forum but didn't seem to make much difference. Although I was assuming if a device could 'see' the 5Ghz one to put them on it as it was faster and better range. Should I be leaving everything on 2.4Ghz instead?
2.4 is way better at penetration of walls and floors than 5 so I'd be using 2.4 for most of my devices.

V F

V F

Soldato
Nobody suffering outages? As twitter is on fire to the Sky Support team for a major fibre break in the cable.

Man of Honour
Really? well you can have routing issues for one, but it wasnt just to gaming servers even pinging the bbc it was 116ms. At just after midnight the internet light went orange and stayed that way for 40 mins so I do say isp related.
Usually when pings go high it's because something is hammering the connection, be it usenet, torrents, Windows updates etc.

It is highly unlikely to be congestion on Sky's network.

Associate
Usually when pings go high it's because something is hammering the connection, be it usenet, torrents, Windows updates etc.

It is highly unlikely to be congestion on Sky's network.

only me in the house, widows 7 on the system and I have stopped the updates due to having the non supported cpu issue for my intel 7600k. What I also forgot to say was I had no phone either; dial tone but no service, leads me to believe there was an outage. Oh now downloads going on & no apple devices hogging bandwidth, all is fine today which means its either an exchange update or rooting issues on their service.

Back
Top Bottom