Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
I to Pinged BBC.co.uk from wire desktop and was getting 28ms, called sky and they said some issue was detected with speed variance, and not getting full 40mb down, only 20mb but was getting the right upload 10mb, they are sending out an open reach engineer to check/fix the line from outside and in the property!

Associate
Upgraded to Fibre Max yesterday from Unlimited for an extra £5 which I thought was good (plus got it on 12 month contract), I forgot to ask how long this takes to activate and have checked today and it's still on the unlimited (38mbps) package. The order went into progress yesterday morning, any ideas how long it usually takes?

Caporegime
Upgraded to Fibre Max yesterday from Unlimited for an extra £5 which I thought was good (plus got it on 12 month contract), I forgot to ask how long this takes to activate and have checked today and it's still on the unlimited (38mbps) package. The order went into progress yesterday morning, any ideas how long it usually takes?
72 hours is what we normally advise but it will likely happen tomorrow.

Associate
For some reason my line sync has dropped down to 57412 for the past several days, upstream is around the same at 12822. The ping is consistently good (11-12ms) but browser page load times feel sluggish, not sure if that is the 'new improved, faster' Firefox Quantum update though :p.

A shame as it appeared to be stable at it's previous high, which hit just over 67000 for about a week and a half.

Caporegime
It seems to be the way with fibre. Is quite high to begin with and then drops about 10 Mbits and never ever goes back to what it was.

I remember posting here over the moon when I first got it installed as it was almost maxed out at 80Mbps. For the last 18 months it's settled around 68Mbps and never broken the 70Mbps barrier since the first month.

Caporegime
Has anyone ever been chastised by Sky for downloading too much data? I've been downloading half of my PS4 library and done about 400GB this past few days. I don't want to get told off for unfair usage or some other malarky.

Caporegime
Has anyone ever been chastised by Sky for downloading too much data? I've been downloading half of my PS4 library and done about 400GB this past few days. I don't want to get told off for unfair usage or some other malarky.
400gb isn't a lot. Most I've seen at work is about 1.6TB and we did nothing.

Caporegime
Anyone had a speed drop past couple of days ?

Just been downing at 3.8, instead of my usual 4.5, so checked my stats, and ive gone from 40000 down, to 33965, uptime is only 29hrs, so must have had a disconnect.

Back
Top Bottom