Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
Just one point here that probably is completely irrelevant, but Sky seem to be the absolute worst at breaching consumer privacy. All of a sudden everything you type in and do seems to be being processed by various tracking companies in the USA. I would be interested if anyone can shed light on this. I guess it's part of their targeted TV program?

Caporegime
Just one point here that probably is completely irrelevant, but Sky seem to be the absolute worst at breaching consumer privacy. All of a sudden everything you type in and do seems to be being processed by various tracking companies in the USA. I would be interested if anyone can shed light on this. I guess it's part of their targeted TV program?

Proof? An article anywhere?

Associate
Proof? An article anywhere?

If you want to lose faith in Sky just install an ad blocker that informs you what's going on and visit SKy websites. Every single thing on every page links back to tracking sites in the US. I doubt that Sky are selling data, my guess is that they are gathering it for their rumoured targeted adverts over their TV services. If they are gathering info about what you read on their sites, who's to say what they gather if you have a service from them??

Caporegime
If you want to lose faith in Sky just install an ad blocker that informs you what's going on and visit SKy websites. Every single thing on every page links back to tracking sites in the US. I doubt that Sky are selling data, my guess is that they are gathering it for their rumoured targeted adverts over their TV services. If they are gathering info about what you read on their sites, who's to say what they gather if you have a service from them??
Many companies use ad servers based in the USA and other countries. Google and Yahoo are the two biggest and they're both based in the US.

Associate
Sky trying to pull a fast one, I have been paying £24.99 far a longtime, and have just seen the new bill for next month £64.99 wtf!!!!! and after that it will be £44.99 a month!!! they trying to take the @%$* will call them tomorrow!! and find out what the hell they are playing up to!!!! thinking of going with plus-net!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Sky trying to pull a fast one, I have been paying £24.99 far a longtime, and have just seen the new bill for next month £64.99 wtf!!!!! and after that it will be £44.99 a month!!! they trying to take the @%$* will call them tomorrow!! and find out what the hell they are playing up to!!!! thinking of going with plus-net!!

Perhaps it’s a new tax on pointless over use of exclamation marks? I have absolutely no idea why they have applied it to you though.

Any price rise or end of promotional discount will likely have been communicated by letter, email and the previous bill(s). Obviously it’s not a price rise or anyone not on a fixed deal/discount would have heard about it, so from the very limited information you’ve provided, I’m going to guess you were on Fibre Max and your fixed term discount is ending - It’ll usually be clearly shown on the bill breakdown. As a general rule companies tend not to randomly multiply your fixed services by 2.6 one month and 1.8 the next without informing you first, especially in an industry where regulatory oversight of price changes happens and the majority pay by direct debit, which also has very specific requirements regarding advanced notification of charges prior to payment being requested. Either way just call them and see what deal can be agreed (hint: you need to actually leave Sky to get the best deal coming back), or move provider (Vodafone are cheap). You could also explain to them that they are indirectly responsible for you abusing the ‘!’ key and that key’s have feelings too.

*Goes back to saving for the sarcasm tax on a future bill*

Associate
I am on sky fibre unlimited 40 down 10 up. They did not email or write to me about the price change. They said they have only been charging me for the phone line., and not the net, which is rubbish as I was on the half price deal for ages, and have been out of contract for a long time to, The puppet from sky was reading from a script and didn't help in anyway. So I asked for a manger who is supposed to call me back later today.

But I think I ll just cancel and go with plus net as I have been getting the Internet dropping out at crucial gaming moment, and it's a on going issue but can see you love my.!!!!! !! So I've added exclamation marks just for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Associate
I'm having problems with my Modem a Netgear D7800 it re syncs every two days - since we had a thunder storm. Before that it was perfect and stayed the same for over fifty days from installation.

Modem%20statistic.png

Modem%20statistic.png

Any ideas anyone please.

Regards
Mike

Modem%20statistic.png
Modem%20statistic.png

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Does anyone find it near impossible to get through to a Sky operator these days? All automated having to say, Yes/No and the Sky Max package when you click upgrade takes you to the Sports package.

Associate
My connection is down to 46901/11924 now, the line checker on the Sky website is showing an issue and I now have the joy of sitting through tech support calls. It might explain why our connection has struggled with multiple streaming services and general laggy browsing. I will do it when my son is better and I am getting more than 30mins sleep at a time.

Caporegime
My connection is down to 46901/11924 now, the line checker on the Sky website is showing an issue and I now have the joy of sitting through tech support calls. It might explain why our connection has struggled with multiple streaming services and general laggy browsing. I will do it when my son is better and I am getting more than 30mins sleep at a time.
Is it really that bad? I don't think our tech support is bad at all? Not everything requires an immediate Openreach engineer. What steps have you don't yourself? Test socket? Filter change?

V F

V F

Soldato

I can no longer get the full 40/10 that I once had. Even with screenshots supplied. As well as when I used to get 60MB.

Even the line stability is going down the pan. The connection can last 2 - 4 days before it drops when in the past it would last for months.

Is it really that bad? I don't think our tech support is bad at all? Not everything requires an immediate Openreach engineer. What steps have you don't yourself? Test socket? Filter change?

Their tech support isn't as helpful as 6 months ago. All you get is the runaround now. They were great in the past but very unhelpful these days, sadly.

All you get from them is sorry, it is the best your line can support.

Associate
I wouldn't say Sky support is bad at all (Sky support and C.S. staff are some of the best around) but the whole upgrade to Pro was p.i.t.a, as it took a while to get passed around to figure out how to activate it.

I just am not in a great mental space to be on the phone for this at the mo :p. The grumble wasn't about the quality of Sky support, just my dislike of broadband fault chasing at this present time.

Soldato
A declining connection is often accompanied by noise on the line. Get the noisy line fixed and the broadband often recovers on its own.

Perform quiet line tests at different times. If there's any noise report it as a voice fault. Don't mention broadband.

Associate
We rarely use the landline and have an aging cordless phone, so noise wouldn't be noticed or just passed off a poor quality P.P.I calls. I will have to get a corded handset to check it.

Back
Top Bottom