Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
Woo hoo! Never had access to Fibre BB and today I phoned SKY just to check randomly..and..I can now get 35-40 meg as apposed to my current 12-15 meg.

I know its no the "fastest" BB but double what im getting atm, so real happy!

V F

V F

Soldato
Ain't that the truth. Not only that, most abroad including twitch streamers, even if they get 100 - 200MB down their upload is crap. 2018 and how can the uploads be so poor.

Soldato
Ain't that the truth. Not only that, most abroad including twitch streamers, even if they get 100 - 200MB down their upload is crap. 2018 and how can the uploads be so poor.

Yeah, its crazy! Im hoping my ping (which is OK atm to be fair) drops a few also...

Soldato
Update - just been browsing on websites with no intention...and discovered something sweet..

PlusNet line check says I can get Fibre Extra (57-79) :eek::eek:

So I checked with SKY and when my Fibre goes live in a week or so, phone again (notes on the system) and I will get the Fibre MAX for the same as the standard Fibre!!

WIN! - I thought the 30-40MB was the max on my line, guess not :D:D

Soldato
I'm currently on ultimate (40/10) and that term ends in a month, whats the chances of me going to max (80/20) and sticking at the current amount I pay, which I think was £5 a month, there is only £6 difference currently between the packages..

Caporegime
I'm currently on ultimate (40/10) and that term ends in a month, whats the chances of me going to max (80/20) and sticking at the current amount I pay, which I think was £5 a month, there is only £6 difference currently between the packages..
Unlikely, but you'll likely get a similar monetary discount.

Associate
Wonder if anyone could help me. I've had Sky Fibre for 7 years now and had the 40mb down and 10 up package. The router has been synced at 39999 and 9999 ever since it was installed.
But recently the old Sagem router has been dropping wireless constantly so it's been having a lot of restarts which in turn kicked in DLM, which dropped the line to 32mb down.

I got a new sky hub 3.0 a few days ago to sort out the old router but my line is still dropped to 32mb. Sky said there's nothing they can do to reset the DLM. Surely something can be done as the line supported 40mb for 6-7 years no issues at all. I want my 8mb back!

@MissChief

Caporegime
Wonder if anyone could help me. I've had Sky Fibre for 7 years now and had the 40mb down and 10 up package. The router has been synced at 39999 and 9999 ever since it was installed.
But recently the old Sagem router has been dropping wireless constantly so it's been having a lot of restarts which in turn kicked in DLM, which dropped the line to 32mb down.

I got a new sky hub 3.0 a few days ago to sort out the old router but my line is still dropped to 32mb. Sky said there's nothing they can do to reset the DLM. Surely something can be done as the line supported 40mb for 6-7 years no issues at all. I want my 8mb back!

@MissChief

It's true AFAIK anyway, that DLM reset's can't be done by Sky (or any ISP) and can only be done by openreach. What are your estimates for Fibre on http://dslchecker.bt.com (use the address checker)

Associate
It's true AFAIK anyway, that DLM reset's can't be done by Sky (or any ISP) and can only be done by openreach. What are your estimates for Fibre on http://dslchecker.bt.com (use the address checker)

More than 32 mb! Like I said I've had rock solid 40 down for years and years. It only went down because of the bloody router playing up. On the checker it says 55mb down. But like I said I've been synced at 39999 in the modem constantly for years with no movement.

It only happened because I had to keep resetting the modem to fix the wireless failing. I've now fixed this buy getting a new sky hub. The line can handle the 40mb so basically im now stuck with a good chunk of speedloss for no reason.

Caporegime
More than 32 mb! Like I said I've had rock solid 40 down for years and years. It only went down because of the bloody router playing up. On the checker it says 55mb down. But like I said I've been synced at 39999 in the modem constantly for years with no movement.

It only happened because I had to keep resetting the modem to fix the wireless failing. I've now fixed this buy getting a new sky hub. The line can handle the 40mb so basically im now stuck with a good chunk of speedloss for no reason.
Don't reset or reboot it and it should start to creep up.

Associate
Not sure if this is the right forum, apologies if not, but what do people recommend for signing up as new customer? Just go through Quidco? Might still go with Plusnet though people I've asked at work have complained about both!

EDIT: Went with Sky, needed some kind of TV box and don't fancy the Freeview Play stuff at all. Now I need a new router...

Last edited:
Soldato
So the line has been upgraded and I can see 65/20 via the router page, can I assume this is the fastest my line will go or would it creep up if left to settle?

Its 25meg more down and 10meg more up so I can't complain really

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
That'll go faster eventually, when the DLM drops to 3db. I think all cabinets now try to train down to 3 (from your 6.2). Perhaps see as much as +10mbit once it adjusts :)

Back
Top Bottom