Sky Fibre Optic

Caporegime
so recently moved house and though i was transferring my old fibre pro package to the new house but moving to the fibre max product. today is the first day its been working and I've actually been moved to fibre unlimited called sky and asked if i could be put back onto max as I do a lot of 4k streaming to my tv etc but was told that max wasn't available in my area. find it a bit odd as if i checked out bt's wholesale checker i can definitely receive up to 78Mbps. wonder why sky cant offer me this. currently sat probably 300 meters from the cabinet (country lane only about 20 houses down my road) given its my first day my line stats might change but i get the feeling my line is being given worse SNR to keep me at 40Mbps

Connection Speed 39994 kbps 9999 kbps
Line Attenuation 15.5 dB 16.0 dB
Noise Margin 15.2 dB 23.23 dB
I find that very strange. What does the BT DSL checker say? If you've only just gone active it might be a day or two before you can upgrade.

Associate
here what the dsl checker says
29425535257_019961d755_z.jpg

Associate
exactly but according to sky they cant offer faster speed thn 40/10 on this cabinet dont know why that would be it is 88% full but still if bt can offer me upto78 why cant sky given OR run the fibre backbone to the exchange

Caporegime
exactly but according to sky they cant offer faster speed thn 40/10 on this cabinet dont know why that would be it is 88% full but still if bt can offer me upto78 why cant sky given OR run the fibre backbone to the exchange
Send me a trust message and I will have a look when I'm in tomorrow.

Associate
thanks for your help MissChief the website was being a bit temperamental today so I called up instead and one of the advisers got my setup for max on a good deal which is cheaper than the current £30 quid offer

Associate
gotta say really happy with the speed I have now given its still in training hopefully it will only improve but getting around 73 down and 18.8 up current line stats are

Connection Speed 79463 kbps 19999 kbps
Line Attenuation 15.4 dB 15.7 dB
Noise Margin 6.4 dB 14.14 dB

Soldato
I have Sky Fibre Pro (with a Q Hub) - Looking to adopt Unifi across the house and will be looking at making use of the USG.

Anyone had any success with getting rid of the Sky Hub?

Associate
I have Sky Fibre Pro (with a Q Hub) - Looking to adopt Unifi across the house and will be looking at making use of the USG.

Anyone had any success with getting rid of the Sky Hub?

Yeah it's easy thesedays - you no longer need username pw extraction on their fibre product - i've just swapped mine for the Archer VR900 V2(UK) and it was a doddle (a crikey what an improvement in stability).

All you need do is make sure it's set to use Sky MER for VDSL (on the TPlink it's even part of the setup) and set your username to abcdefgh@skydsl and password to 1234567890abcdef. Done.

Note that you need MER support on any replacement though.

Back
Top Bottom