Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
What's sky's upload then? As they are only saying 40mb down when I do a line checker, 2mb up is seriosly making me umm about this, why as low as 2mb?

Associate
Go onto the Sky website and use the checker on there it will tell you if you can get Fibre or noe also they do an online support chat who will help you too :)

Sadly this isn't foolproof. The website says it is available for me, and has the 'order' button on show, but following a couple of phone calls with Sky yesterday apparently it isn't (yet) :(

Man of Honour
Very true.

Every ISP will have a disgruntled customer, just google and you'll find a post somewhere.

Even back in ADSL days of around 4MB, my mates BT connection was better than mine with Zen internet.

Soldato
Very true.

Every ISP will have a disgruntled customer, just google and you'll find a post somewhere.

Even back in ADSL days of around 4MB, my mates BT connection was better than mine with Zen internet.

Yeah glad i,m not the only one thinks the world isn,t perfect ha! My brother worked for B.T for 40 years and he told me that the Open Reach guys cableing job is very boring ! but easy :) i don,t think people who moan about B.T know what these Engineers have to do ,and how there pulled from one county to the next ! my brother use to drive from Bedfordshire to Kings Lynn which is a 3 hour drive (with works traffic ) and then do the job and the office would phone up and say why are you not there yet ! so people must remember that they don,t wear there pants on the outside :)

Soldato
Is sky's fibre network different to bt? As I'm enabled for fibre and can get up to 68mb according to the infinity checker, but sky shows only there standard llu service? Also you have to have sky line rental for fibre? Only have sky and sky talk here, although I could just switch line rental if needed.

Soldato
If you can get B.T Infinity then you can get Sky as there both fibre :) with Sky you have to pay for the line rental( like you do B.T ) and the phones i think it comes to £32 something :) p/m with line rental .I went onto the Sky website out of interest and got onto the live chat support thing they have like B.T and the guy took my details and came back saying you can,t get fibre ha! well i know i can as i have checked it myself on B.T Website and recieved an email off Open Reach telling me i can now order Infinity ha! Anyway in the end the Sky guy agreed i could get Fibre on my postcode lol

Soldato
Nice wonder why sky site does not show it. Guess it just hasn't been updated. I know you need line rental to use it, just not clear whether it has to be with sky.

At the moment I have sky tv + sky talk and bt line rental and be broadband. With the others it looks like I can have them using bt line rental, just no discount. Sky's site seems to suggest I need to have both sky talk + line rental from sky, to get it at all. Rather than just sky talk+ line rental= discount on the broadband.

Soldato
Just oredered my fibre, date given as the 27th april

anyone know what the engineer will need to do at the house?? as i cant see a reason for him to come at all.

It'll be the same as with BT Infinity. They'll change some stuff at the cabinet then when they come to your house they'll fit a new filtered faceplate on your master socket and run an extension cable for you if required. The engineer also brings along the Openreach VDSL modem as this will be required presumably to plug into Sky's new modem.

Back
Top Bottom