*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
I've been thinking of upgrading to Q if I can get a good deal - I am currently out of contract so just rolling over month on month, and that's usually a decent time to try and re-commit if they put a good upgrade deal on the table.

My current package is Sky HD with Box Sets & Sports. I have a discount applied so my monthly bill is currently £42 for the TV package.

We only have the one main box at the minute, but now have a TV for the bedroom so thinking of Q for the multi box.

What is the general consensus from people who have recently upgraded from a similar normal Sky package to Q? Is it worth it?

Caporegime
My Sky Q recordings keep deleting. Never used to happen to my old SKY box.

Are they actual recordings or downloads from on demand?

Many programmes downloaded from on demand have a view by date and then they are automatically deleted.

if actual recordings then as Basher says how full is your disk, exactly like old sky if a recording will fill the disk and it needs extra space, then the oldest stuff on the disk will be deleted to give room, unless you have marked it as keep.

However as Sky Q disks are so much bigger than old sky, and you never had the issue there, I woudl be more inclined to say its on demand stuff that has been automatically deleted.

Soldato
And nothing in deleted items?

My box is about 30% full.

They are in the deleted items, but no one has deleted them.

Is there any way to clear the deleted items without having to delete each one.

Also on the old shky box, under schedule to record it would go past the week and show what you have to record in the future. Sky Q only shows one week ahead.

Caporegime
My box is about 30% full.

They are in the deleted items, but no one has deleted them.

Is there any way to clear the deleted items without having to delete each one.

Also on the old shky box, under schedule to record it would go past the week and show what you have to record in the future. Sky Q only shows one week ahead.

If you go into settings then disk space you can delete whole stacks rather than individually.

McB

McB

Associate
I've just moved house with Sky Q without a visit and seems ok with a self install with a Q hub, 2TB and multiroom box however we are getting a lot of wifi drop outs now. Any specific set up in connecting the boxes as they do seem to see each other, but just the wifi drops between boxes, even in same room!

Caporegime
I've just moved house with Sky Q without a visit and seems ok with a self install with a Q hub, 2TB and multiroom box however we are getting a lot of wifi drop outs now. Any specific set up in connecting the boxes as they do seem to see each other, but just the wifi drops between boxes, even in same room!

Switch everything off, even the hub. Switch the hub on and let it connect. Then do the 2TB and let it connect and then wait around five minutes to let it stabilise. Then do your mini box.

It will help if you do,a scan too so when you call they have one to view. On the 2tb press the Home button, help, sky help (top option with the coloured tile) then right down to the bottom for the network scan. Then if you're still having trouble call sky.

McB

McB

Associate
Switch everything off, even the hub. Switch the hub on and let it connect. Then do the 2TB and let it connect and then wait around five minutes to let it stabilise. Then do your mini box.

It will help if you do,a scan too so when you call they have one to view. On the 2tb press the Home button, help, sky help (top option with the coloured tile) then right down to the bottom for the network scan. Then if you're still having trouble call sky.

Thanks MissChief, everything seems a lot more stable now.

Soldato
Have box sets, although I'm seeing it when using it for terrestrial channels (e.g. BBC, C4 etc). The HD preference is set, and anything I download to watch does default to HD, just the series link that defaults to SD.

Caporegime
Have box sets, although I'm seeing it when using it for terrestrial channels (e.g. BBC, C4 etc). The HD preference is set, and anything I download to watch does default to HD, just the series link that defaults to SD.

Only BBC1 NI and Scotland defaults to HD AFAIK. ITV still refuse to change it to ITV1HD as there isn't a regionalised HD variant of every local station. Channel 4 as well I believe refuse it. Ch 5 have done so though.

Caporegime
Our sky Q cancellation went through last night so now we just have freesat through the Sky Q box (which I didn't expect)

Now the long wait until Sky offer us a decent deal...Hopefully their deals refresh in February.

Caporegime
Most of the time, yes, you get UP TO 90 days.

However they have been known to ask for their kit back within 7 days of cancellation going through.

Just to warn you.

Back
Top Bottom