*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
It can, it's just not active yet. I haven't even heard of it coming yet either, but I have no doubt it will be, probably later this year.

Cool. I guess that is something to look forward to seeing. I've never seen any HDR content yet. In fact, I'm thinking about upgrading my Amazon Fire TV Box to the latest version just for HDR support in Netflix.

Soldato
I have a Sky Q Silver box plugged into my LG 65C8 TV. I set the screen resolution on the Sky box to 2160 10 -bit so I can watch UHD content such as films, live PL games (and F1) and certain Sky box sets which are available in UHD. Since the last update every now and again I go to watch UHD content it tells me I have to set the screen resolution to 2160 and when I check the box has reverted to 1080i! Anyone know why it does this and if there is anything I can do to stop it happening? Auto resolution like the old Sky HD boxes had would seem to be the sensible solution or am I missing something?

Caporegime
I have a Sky Q Silver box plugged into my LG 65C8 TV. I set the screen resolution on the Sky box to 2160 10 -bit so I can watch UHD content such as films, live PL games (and F1) and certain Sky box sets which are available in UHD. Since the last update every now and again I go to watch UHD content it tells me I have to set the screen resolution to 2160 and when I check the box has reverted to 1080i! Anyone know why it does this and if there is anything I can do to stop it happening? Auto resolution like the old Sky HD boxes had would seem to be the sensible solution or am I missing something?
I haven't heard any reports of this happening and I've never noticed it happening before on my box.

Soldato

That has happened to me a couple of times as well. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

Soldato
Occasionally after an LG tv overnight auto update my Q box would drop to 1080.

I notice you have the 2018 model, it may be worth having a look at LG's firmware release dates for that model and see if it corresponds with the drop in Res.

Back
Top Bottom