*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Ok just signed up on the £65 offer with Sky Q 2TB and Sky mini viewer.

I spoke with the chat sales team and they told me I can get an additional self setup mini viewer for £69.

Anyone familiar with this?

Caporegime
Are there still no options for sky q in 4 rooms?

There is no limit as such on how many mini boxes you have attached to the main box, but I believe you can only watch on any two at any one time, not three mini boxes.

With a Sky Q 2 TB box and two mini boxes I believe it is possible, that you can watch one thing on main box and main TV, something else on each of the two mini boxes, and also separate things on up two tablets or phones simultaneously.

Your tablets or phones could then be streamed to a TV through a chromecast or similar should you wish to watch on a bigger screen.

So it is possible for up for 5 people, to watch 5 separate channels, in 5 different rooms, simultaneously.

You could also be recording shows on another 5 or 6 channels, all at the same time I believe.

Ok just signed up on the £65 offer with Sky Q 2TB and Sky mini viewer.

I spoke with the chat sales team and they told me I can get an additional self setup mini viewer for £69.

Anyone familiar with this?

Yes I have heard of that offer.

They just send out a new mini box through the post and you set it up in whatever room you wish yourself.

Pretty easy to install, just plug into the mains, HDMI to your tv, and either hardwired Ethernet, (if you have that), or link to the wireless mesh from the main Sky Q box, all on screen instructions should not take more then five minutes or so.

Soldato
Nice one. Look forward to it.

I actually signed up because I would be saving money in the long run (well... after paying off the one off fees, I will be saving money from after 11 months (£12 a month).

Soldato
Your tablets or phones could then be streamed to a TV through a chromecast or similar should you wish to watch on a bigger screen.

So it is possible for up for 5 people, to watch 5 separate channels, in 5 different rooms, simultaneously.

You could also be recording shows on another 5 or 6 channels, all at the same time I believe.

I'm not sure you can do this, I believe sky have a block on their streaming apps that stops casting to TV's or at least they did have a couple of years back.

Soldato
do you sometimes find your box with flashing Q led and red power light on (red light) ? and can't switch it on ?

every morning around 5.30am I am unable to switch it on as its ' doing' something...

have to wait until it stops and few minutes later it can be switched on...

Ideas?
thanks

Caporegime
Ok just got a second mini viewer for £69. Will be sent in a couple of days.
Engineer will be over next weekend to install everything.
Looking forward to it :)
The engineer will NOT install your extra mini box and don't ask him to. You got the mini box at a reduced price as a self install box. If you wanted the engineer to install it you should have paid the engineer install fee!

Also there is a limit to how many mini boxes you can connect to a 1tb box (2, watch on one at a time) and a 2Tb box (4, watch on two at a time).

Associate
This is why sky have such a poor reputation...

I have sky q, no need for multiroom.
I went to download some of my recordings via the Q app to watch on tablet on holiday.
Message pops up...sorry you have to have a multi room subscription.
Christ on a bike. What has multiroom got to do with watching your recordings offline?...apart from yet another underhand way of screwing more money out of customers.

Back
Top Bottom