*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
Quick question before I call Sky, we have our main 2tb in a room next door in which the inlaws have their mini Q box, around 3 or 4 times a day their screen goes blue and flicks back again, I've moved a booster box in between the two but it still doing the same thing

Is this something people have seen as I fail to see it wifi related...

I have not experienced that and it sounds like a hardware fault. I had the mini box running on wifi for a month before switching it to ethernet.

Soldato
Think I found the issue, its the 18" fan they have plugged into the same power socket as the SkyQ mini when they turn it on the picture goes off and generally has a hissing fit, put it on another socket in a different location and turned it on/off and the box is stable :rolleyes: we shall see

Soldato
Does SkyQ need a new LNB etc or will it work with limitations on the normal one that was used for Sky+? Reason I ask is that I live in a flat and having gone through the Sky Communal TV portal, it reckons my building needs an upgrade. I've provided the details of the management company but just wondered if it would work at all in the meantime?

Edit: I mean regular SkyQ by the way, not the 4K one (if that matters).

Associate
We had Sky Q installed yesterday and I am pleased with the way it is all working. I had worries about mini box running on WiFi but it has given us a decent boost throughout the house and I could get rid of some annoying phone wires and boosters.

We don't have a 4K TV but our Sky+ hardware was getting on (replaced a couple of times already) and the MySky offer that came through a few weeks ago made it cheaper than replacing a remote control :).

Associate
Does SkyQ need a new LNB etc or will it work with limitations on the normal one that was used for Sky+? Reason I ask is that I live in a flat and having gone through the Sky Communal TV portal, it reckons my building needs an upgrade. I've provided the details of the management company but just wondered if it would work at all in the meantime?

Edit: I mean regular SkyQ by the way, not the 4K one (if that matters).

You've probably had an update in the last couple of days, but as far as I know, if would not work unless the communal dish is upgraded.

And for this it's the management company that need to contact Sky.

Soldato
We've just ordered Sky Q as well. We've been with Sky for ages and I didn't even know about the Sky VIP rewards until I was googling something else to do with Sky. We've currently got Sky Fibre Unlimited, one Sky+ box and one Sky HD box, and a pretty old modem and router. For £5 a month extra and a £20 installation fee we're getting upgraded to Sky Fibre Max, a Sky Q 2TB box, a Sky Q Mini box, and a Sky Q router. For such a small amount it seemed like a no-brainer. It's all being done just in time for the new PL season as well :)

Caporegime
We've just ordered Sky Q as well. We've been with Sky for ages and I didn't even know about the Sky VIP rewards until I was googling something else to do with Sky. We've currently got Sky Fibre Unlimited, one Sky+ box and one Sky HD box, and a pretty old modem and router. For £5 a month extra and a £20 installation fee we're getting upgraded to Sky Fibre Max, a Sky Q 2TB box, a Sky Q Mini box, and a Sky Q router. For such a small amount it seemed like a no-brainer. It's all being done just in time for the new PL season as well :)
Sky never does anything for existing customers! :)

Commissario
My box has started turning itself off all the time. It’s turned off 3 times within the last hour. Starting to wonder if it’s getting too hot due to how humid it currently is.

Standby mode is set to none.

Soldato
Is it still the case that Sky are really offering no kind of discounts on Q?
I'm about 6 weeks away from getting to the end of my contract. I'm already out of contract with my Fibre broadband ISP, so looking at the possibility of getting everything from Sky - under the possibly deluded idea that having more services with them might yield better prices.
I'm currently paying Vodafone £28/month for up to 80mb Fibre and I'm paying Sky £19.75/month for everything except Sports & Movies.

Looking at the Sky website, I get the impression that I'd be looking at around £62/month for Q, the required Multiroom, Fibre Max, HD (why I should need to pay an HD upgrade price when I'm paying to unlock UHD I don't know) and without box sets.
I'm then looking at £20 "setup" on the Q 2TB box (according to Sky rewards), £20 for the Sky Mini that I don't particularly want, however as I'm paying the subscription I don't particularly want either, I may as well have one but apparently free Fibre activation (rewards again).
How open are Sky to the idea of scrapping all of those upfront costs and reducing that monthly to closer the £40/month mark?

Just wondered if anyone had negotiated with them recently.

Soldato
You've probably had an update in the last couple of days, but as far as I know, if would not work unless the communal dish is upgraded.

And for this it's the management company that need to contact Sky.

Sorry, missed this reply. Sky said they'd contact the management company to make enquiries and arrangements, but I've not heard anything further (and it was well over a month ago I provided the contact details) and the management company say they've not heard anything from them either. I get the impression the whole thing is stuck in limbo now.

Soldato
Is anyone else experiencing this, My Planner has stopped automatically adding series link episodes after Thursday this week, If I manually add them they appear ok back on the planner but it's not adding them as it has for the last year. We've been with Sky Q around a year now if that makes any difference?

Maybe one for @MisChief

Soldato
So now had Sky Q for a good week weeks now.
Have to say I absolutely love the system. Working beautifully across Homeplugs (not WiFi).
And the fact its all integrated into the one box which is in the living room, makes it more logical and intuitive to use.

Caporegime
I rang today...best I could get was Sky Q 2TB , 2x minis, broadband Fibre Max

Entertainment
HD
Sky Cinema

£62

£80 install fee....

Would not budge on the install fee and waiver it...

Soldato
So the £80 is basically for the Q box and 2 minis?

That's not bad considering honestly speaking.
I paid double that when I signed up a month or so ago. And that was under a special offer at the time.

Like with most things, pay more now to have it now, or less to have it later I guess!

Caporegime
So the £80 is basically for the Q box and 2 minis?

That's not bad considering honestly speaking.
I paid double that when I signed up a month or so ago. And that was under a special offer at the time.

Like with most things, pay more now to have it now, or less to have it later I guess!

80 is the install fee...something I hate paying...

Anyway I left sky hanging they will probably ring me tomo....if they drop the 80 I'll get it...

Back
Top Bottom