*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
Has anyone found a good bluetooth remote, I keep my box in a unit Hiden away but I can't get on with the touch remote. I was hoping I could buy a none touch one but they don't do one, has anyone found an alternative?.

Don
Got Sky Q last month. It's certainly snazzy and the EPG is a good cut above the SkyHD one. I especially like the live previews on the Now&Next banner if you look at other channels.

However, the miniboxes are quite ropey on wireless. The last few times I've tried to use mine, it's crashed and refuses to switch on... then I have to reboot and run through the set up each time.

Going to look at using the Ethernet soon I think.

I had so many problems with my mini box, almost daily crashes, losing connection etc but since switching to a wired connection and turning the stand by option to 'eco' it's been much better. I think it crashed once on the day I changed the stand by setting but since then it's been fine.

Associate
so do these 60% deals appear in MySky under offers or elsewhere?

My £40 per month deal runs out 15th November so i need to either cancel mid October with a months notice or get a deal code in the above location?

I want skyQ but im not paying above what new customers can get it for!!

Man of Honour
Why does my box always think there's a software update, even though it's on the latest? Kind of makes checking for updates pointless? Or am I missing something?

Caporegime
If an update is actually available it will be downloaded and get installed all automatically over night, you do not have to manually do anything.

Oh and after an update sky Q does not now switch to channel 999 like Sky + & HD did, it just goes back to where it was prior to the update so you don't know one has happened unless you notice new features or check the version number against this very usefull website

https://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyQ.php

Cob

Cob

Soldato
so do these 60% deals appear in MySky under offers or elsewhere?

My £40 per month deal runs out 15th November so i need to either cancel mid October with a months notice or get a deal code in the above location?

I want skyQ but im not paying above what new customers can get it for!!

50% usually within a few hours in MySky or the app. Ignore that and you'll get the 60% deal via text message a few days later.

Man of Honour
If an update is actually available it will be downloaded and get installed all automatically over night, you do not have to manually do anything.

Oh and after an update sky Q does not now switch to channel 999 like Sky + & HD did, it just goes back to where it was prior to the update so you don't know one has happened unless you notice new features or check the version number against this very usefull website

https://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyQ.php

Okay cheers. Seems rather pointless to have the option in the menu then, even more pointless to re-download an update if you press check for update even if one is available.

I'll just ignore it and let it do its thing.

Man of Honour
OP
Associate
I had so many problems with my mini box, almost daily crashes, losing connection etc but since switching to a wired connection and turning the stand by option to 'eco' it's been much better. I think it crashed once on the day I changed the stand by setting but since then it's been fine.

Exactly my experience as well, since going to ethernet and eco mode the mini's have been solid.

Back
Top Bottom