*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
I've found a few deals around, also seen codes for sale on here so will snap them up if i go down the streaming route.

Nowtv is compatible with chromecast as well so if you bang it on a pad its like mulitroom as well, im really starting to regret not doing this so much sooner.

Soldato
My contract with Sky is up on the 2nd October 2017, so if I give 31 days notice is that today. Also if I wait till the 2nd October can I cancel without giving notice and is there a specific phone number for cancellations?

Associate
Hi, I'm after some advice re: cancellation.

My contract is up in 3 weeks. I've been offered Fibre/Sky Q/Sports/Movies/Box sets etc for £80 - it was £70 - on an 18 month contract. Does this seem ok or should I cancel and hope to get a bigger discount?

Thanks

Associate
Well I've had an absolute nightmare with sky today .
I cancelled my tv last month and also put my line rental and broadband into cancellation as well but then realised I had to stop the cancellation so I could go with another provider and get them to do an active line transfer so I could keep my number .
Rang up on Friday as I wanted to see what fibre deals they had in our area and it said I had spending upgrade so I phoned up to ask what it was and the advisor told me that my normal contract was still in place but looked like someone had put another order against my account for the 30th August .
He said he would open a support ticket and get it resolved and call me on Tuesday with a resolution .
No call yesterday as expected from Sky.
Get up this morning and notice no wifi so check downstairs and router showing no internet signal.
Phone sky again and explain what has happened and am told my account is active and to speak to the broadband technical team.
Got cut off whilst in the queue so rang tonight to be told that my account has been deactivated as my cancellation had accidentally gone through.
I then get transferred to another department and have to explain again as previous advisor hadn't put any notes on my account.
Go through it again and she just says that's very unfortunate but as I have no active sky account they can't offer me anything to make up for there error.
I ask to speak to her manager and she just says that she will tell me the same so I ask to speak to her anyway and am informed that she is busy training a member of staff . I insist on speaking to the manager and am informed I will get a callback in half an hour.
Finally get a call back and the manager was actually the most understanding and helpful person who I had spoke to and looked into the matter and verified that I had done everything right and all the logs where there to back up my claims and I had instructed sky to stop the cancellation etc.
She said 99% of the times it's human error that causes these types of issue but in this case it was a system error.
I explain that I understand that it may be an error but I am now left with a heavily pregnant wife with no landline as this has now been put back into the general mix as my account was closed so she is panicking and having to update her hospital and midwife etc with a new contact number which is causing her unneeded stress and will have no internet for 2 weeks at least if I stay with sky or possibly longer if I move to another provider and will also have line activation charges :(
To say sky have messed this up was an understatement but she said she will try and resolve the issue with her line manager tomorrow as she is now off until Sunday.
The ironic thing was I got rid of Sky Tv and was using Now Tv as always bargains on the codes or boxes for like £10-£15 for 3 months entertainment but I can't even use this now as no bloody internet.
My feeling towards sky customer service is official at an all time low lol

Well sky offered me a £50 credit for the inconvenience of them screwing up .
Also found out that I was lied to by a manager as he was supposed to be giving me a call back and didn't in 4 days.
Now in deadlock with sky so have to wait 3-5 days for my letter from them and get in touch with Ofcom to mediate the dispute so now I have to sign up with another telephone provider for my landline and internet and just hope I don't get an activation charge or anything.
I don't think I will ever go back to sky after this joke of a customer service from them.
So another 2 weeks or so with no landline

Soldato
Just rang Sky as it went off today. My offers are getting worse, 40% off. I said I was on 60%, and was told they dont offer that any more. So I said I have heard that people are still getting it, but its not on offer to me. Oh well I will try again tomorrow. (Wifes not happy) lol

Associate
Well I rang Bt last night to check what packages where available and they said there wasn't an active line at my house. Upon further investigation they have said sky hadn't taken the line profile over correctly and there was 2 profiles at my address . They have had to go to open reach to see if they can resolve it without an engineer which they would charge me for.........
I asked for this in writing so I can put it in my complaint to Ofcom once I receive my deadlock letter from Sky.
Absolute joke this is now because of Sky's balls up.

Soldato
Well I rang Bt last night to check what packages where available and they said there wasn't an active line at my house.
maybe too late - can't you revert to sky just for just the phone & BB and have them resolve the problem in-house, for a few months anyway.
(I cancelled a BT line take-over within the premitted date in preference to talktalk, but took ~1month for BT to relinquish place-holder they had put on the line.)

Even cheaper on the bay 6 months for £15-£16.
have you tried recently ? £12.49 from Argos 3 months entertainment was the cheapest I found during last couple of weeks, after reviewing ebay and recent sold items.

Associate
maybe too late - can't you revert to sky just for just the phone & BB and have them resolve the problem in-house, for a few months anyway.
(I cancelled a BT line take-over within the premitted date in preference to talktalk, but took ~1month for BT to relinquish place-holder they had put on the line.)

have you tried recently ? £12.49 from Argos 3 months entertainment was the cheapest I found during last couple of weeks, after reviewing ebay and recent sold items.

That was my plan originally to stop the cancellation and wait for a deal with another provider but as they messed up when I stopped the cancellation it went through and I'm left without phone and broadband . I asked if they could temporarily re instate it and was advised it could take up to 2 weeks to get a new number etc and would have to take out a new contract as mine had ended lol

Soldato
Hey folks, I'm moving house and so took the chance to have a look at TV options. The new house has Virgin cable and so will def be using them for internet and phone. They've offered 300mb and phone for £45pm. For £90pm they are offering the VIP tv package, i.e. All channels inc sky sports and movies as well as two V6 boxes. I was impressed with the price but have to say I'm not keen on the virgin TiVo interface plus no F1 in UHD!

I currently have sky with variety package with legacy HD/F1 and pay £44pm. Having spoken to them and threaten to leave as moving house they are offering the same for £37pm. If I want to upgrade to sky Q it's still an additional £12! If I want movies then it's an extra £10pm. So a total of £59pm! Not very impressed with the discount I have to say. Virgin are offering all movies and sports plus UHD (altho nothing to watch!) for £45pm! I'm not bothered by sports other then F1, or movies but movies would be nice for a decent price.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm tempted by the Virgin deal but I would so much prefer to have sky Q and get F1 in UHD! Just not sure it's worth an extra £15pm to me. If I keep pushing am I going to get any more discount from sky?

Caporegime
You're in a difficult position as cancelling will mean losing the legacy HD pack. Give them another go and see what they can do. I have a free Sky Q upgrade offer but it's still £12 a month extra but you'll need that if you want to watch in UHD anyway.

Soldato
Still waiting on confirmation from Sky of my emailed cancellation sent on Saturday, I too mulled over staying with Sky for the UHD or the Vip package from Virgin. Frankly my Sky Q full package with sky was £134.99 p/m until I cancelled Cinema and Sports, took sports back on a reduced price offer with 12 months no contract, currently paying £116.99. So have decided will make do with 4k on Netflix and Amazon Prime and blu-rays and take the £90p/m vip package. Virgin's 200 broadband is way faster than anything Sky can give so will give virgin a go as its only a 12 month contract.

Soldato
You're in a difficult position as cancelling will mean losing the legacy HD pack. Give them another go and see what they can do. I have a free Sky Q upgrade offer but it's still £12 a month extra but you'll need that if you want to watch in UHD anyway.

Thanks for the reply, phoned them again today and tried to push for around £50pm but they wouldn't budge from the original deal of £59pm. Slightly frustrating since I've seen people are getting better deals! I might not get the movies and get my Variety/legacy HD/F1 with Sky Q for £49pm. Overall it will still be saving £5pm over what I'm paying now for internet, phone and tv.

You mention a free Sky Q upgrade? Does that mean free boxes? They offered me the 2tb and a mini (I think) for £115 and then each additional mini for £50. I don't mind paying the £12pm as the new house will have more tv and so will need multi-room anyway!

Back
Top Bottom