*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Man of Honour
Contract is due to end on the 19th of January and the price they wanted was over £80 so I've asked them to cancel. I'll hopefully get offered something better.

Man of Honour
Well, they've offered Cinema, Sports, Kids, Multiroom, HD, UHD etc for £56 a month so I've gone for that (it's actually less than I pay now).

Soldato
Up for renewal in April next year, plus it's the first time we have a proper competitor in the area in the name of Virgin so hopefully that makes negotiating a bit easier.

Only downside with Virgin is lack of UHD for Sports (F1 in particular) else I'd probably seriously consider making the switch.

Man of Honour
Was that in a follow up email? Sometimes its best to hold out a bit longer, i'm due for renewal in March so will start again then.
I rang them again over someone else and they put me through to the win back team. I know I could probably knock a few £ off if I waited longer but I’m happy enough with this one so I took it.

RJC

RJC

Don
Cancelled this evening.

Best was £56 pound for Multiroom, UHD, F1 and the usual standard TV package or £31 for Standard TV package and HD.

Man of Honour
Well, they've offered Cinema, Sports, Kids, Multiroom, HD, UHD etc for £56 a month so I've gone for that (it's actually less than I pay now).
Not sure if there was a mistake or something but my future bills are showing as £51 for the above, which I'm even happier about.

Man of Honour
Have to say that I found negotiating renewed services tougher this time than before....but managed to get to something acceptable at the wire:

Shame couldn't keep at the £56 had previous year or so :(

I got this on the day I cancelled, are you not able to push harder? Speak to the Win Back team if you can. Or maybe I got really, really lucky.

Screenshot-2022-01-05-at-14-24-04.png

Associate
Finally got through to retentions, was only offered £2 off hd before. Pervious bill was £84.99 for Signature, Ultimate, UHD, Disney and Ultrafast plus. I took Disney off anyway as I hardly use it so current bill would drop to £77, new customers get the same deal for £71 and they offered £69pm.

Sky Signature £21, Ultimate £5, HD £6, UHD £3 so TV for £35 and Ultrafast BB 500Mb's at £34.

I declined the offer as I can get Netflix free using my cryto.com card, BB offer was nice but dependent on taking TV so that's gone back to £45pm on it own. I think they would need to offer me the TV side for close to £20 and BB for £34 for me to resign up.

Soldato
I got this on the day I cancelled, are you not able to push harder? Speak to the Win Back team if you can. Or maybe I got really, really lucky.

Screenshot-2022-01-05-at-14-24-04.png

That is more or less what I had the 18month stint before, but just could not get them to go back to it :( Normally done alright (and I guess what I have is not exactly bad) but just couldn't get there this time, even with cancellation down to the last couple of days. Ah well, happy enough - can't win them all, but good effort :D

Soldato
Currently on Virgin's Ultimate oomph deal at £79pm till Sept. 22 (18m deal then goes up to £139pm!!!) Just got a notification from Virgin of a price hike of £8pm starting in Feb. 22 which would mean £147pm.........just wow at that price. Fortunately I will stay at £79pm till Sept. 2022. Then probably back to Sky if a good enough price though I must admit as I get older I don't enjoy the hassle of changing provider. Starting to think I could get by with google tv/Netflix/Prime.

Associate
Currently on Virgin's Ultimate oomph deal at £79pm till Sept. 22 (18m deal then goes up to £139pm!!!) Just got a notification from Virgin of a price hike of £8pm starting in Feb. 22 which would mean £147pm.........just wow at that price. Fortunately I will stay at £79pm till Sept. 2022. Then probably back to Sky if a good enough price though I must admit as I get older I don't enjoy the hassle of changing provider. Starting to think I could get by with google tv/Netflix/Prime.
I am not big into TV etc, but 147 seems madness! who would be prepared to pay that?

Soldato
Not so bad but still seems a lot to me.

I pay 32 for BB and 10 for mobile a month. That is it, so 105 for all the other bits.

You get Gigabit for £32? That is a good price. As for Unlimited mobile SIM best I seem to be able to find today is £13.odd after cash back so still pretty competitive. As for hte TV, total rip off I agree.

Associate
You get Gigabit for £32? That is a good price. As for Unlimited mobile SIM best I seem to be able to find today is £13.odd after cash back so still pretty competitive. As for hte TV, total rip off I agree.
My sim is unlimited, but not giga BB, 75Mbs from BT. To be honest I don't need any more than that. Even the sim I rarely use more than 5 or 6GB a month. I got the sim as a deal when I took the BB contract.
We are wired for Virgin but when I looked at the packages everything offered more than I needed and was poor value for me as a result. I also get a 'no price rise guarantee' with the current contracts.

Soldato

I've just had the same email. To be honest I've been thinking about going back to Sky for a while. Ive been with Virgin for 3 years so I can move. I've had a quick look on the Sky website and to get a similar deal it looks about £25 a month more expensive.

Soldato
I upgraded from an old Sky HD box to Q in February 2020 and only realised today I'm now well outside my 18 month minimum term.

Sky don't have access to the fibre lines on the development I live on so I can only have a 'TV Only' package with them which costs £31 a month at the moment, basically the bare minimum with HD, Boxsets etc.

I've been with them on & off for the last 10 years, haggling throughout, though this particular streak is now 5 years so will see what they're willing to concede. I'd like the F1 channel which is advertised at £18pm on a rolling contract.

Back
Top Bottom