*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Don't be surprised if they don't bother contacting you. If they do it'll be to push Stream or Glass. Their service just isn't worth it any more.

They didn’t really try 2 years ago when I left for 6 months. What I have is worth £40, everything except kids and muti room. If that do it for £45 I’ll stay otherwise I’ll leave again.

What's the best option at, just cancel and deal with retention people, or try negotiating first?

My deal has gone up to 109 for just sports and UHD which is a pee take.

Cancel and wait for retentions, I pay for £37 a month Sky Stream with Sports, UHD and Netflix. I feel like that is a realistic and fair price to pay.
Good price. I was on 70ish for Sky Sports, TNT Sports and UHD before it went to 109. Sound like I need to do better!

Last edited:
So ours dies in two days. Actually it’s dead already as all equipment stripped out and sat in a box waiting for the return pack to come through.

Retentions offered nothing and no coms since cancellation about a month ago. Marketing settings allow them to mail, text or call. Been with them for 20 plus years.

Edit: they wanted 109 British pounds for F1 and essentials. Guess they wanted to take us for a ride thinking that we wouldn’t dear leave given the amount of time we’ve been with em.

Last edited:
i got an offer in the post the other day to come back

£36 for ultra hd, sky sports and signature, spoke to them and signed up, they waved the £99 setup fee for the new sky q box, was pretty happy with that, i literally only watch formula 1 and the odd football match.

Absolutely unreal, I re-contracted in mid January just checking my future bills and the cheeky ******* have put my bill up starting April 1st, I asked if I would be exempt from this price rise and was assured I would be, what a joke.

Sky lied....no way! Lol

I've put a chargeback in with my credit card company for being billed by lionsgate, which I took via sky VIP, which sky said I wouldn't be, I've been paid it back now.

Maybe they will send something once we’ve gone. Which will be too late, we’ve moved on.
Just move on
Went to cancel, retentions not interested in offering me anything.
Final date got closer and closer.....nothing. Final date passed.....nothing.

Picked up a silly cheap NowTV pass for anything Entertainment I might want to catch on Sky and that's it. I'll cycle NowTV into my monthly swaps (I keep Netflix and Prime (at the moment) and cycle through the others one a month).
No more looking at your planner and seeing it's entirely filled with terrestrial programs.....no more 12 monthly price increases.....

Well we were paying £26 per mth for Sky signature, UltraHD, Netflex Ultra and multi room with a sky mini box. They rang me up today to tell me my contract is up at the end of the month but good news instead of the £72 per mth it will be going up to, they can do it for £60. Told them to shove it.

Formally cancelled today. The best they could offer was now £67 per mth as my current subs should cost £80 per mth!!!! Cancelled with no fuss or pleading so unlike all the rpevious years when I have tried to cancel and its taken 2+ hours on the phone to actually cancel, I dont think they are bothered and not holding my breath for retentions to offer anything good.

big problem is we have no TV aerial (reception was awful where we live anyway) so what are my best choices for getting terrestrial TV please? I already have Apple and Prime subs. But my lass wont be able to live without normal TV channels adn some of her sky shows sadly

Last edited:
Well we were paying £26 per mth for Sky signature, UltraHD, Netflex Ultra and multi room with a sky mini box. They rang me up today to tell me my contract is up at the end of the month but good news instead of the £72 per mth it will be going up to, they can do it for £60. Told them to shove it.

Formally cancelled today. The best they could offer was now £67 per mth as my current subs should cost £80 per mth!!!! Cancelled with no fuss or pleading so unlike all the rpevious years when I have tried to cancel and its taken 2+ hours on the phone to actually cancel, I dont think they are bothered and not holding my breath for retentions to offer anything good.

big problem is we have no TV aerial (reception was awful where we live anyway) so what are my best choices for getting terrestrial TV please? I already have Apple and Prime subs. But my lass wont be able to live without normal TV channels adn some of her sky shows sadly
Just leave it a week and call them or go to the direct chat. Just say you missed a call from them, they know the game. Keep trying and you’ll get a decent offer if you can bothered to put the time in.

Just use the app version of the channel you want to watch?

If you still have the sky dish installed, can you use a FreeSat box? Or is it not that easy?

Just use the relevant app and stream it, or use Freesat if you want a channel picker UI.

Back
Top Bottom