*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
See I'd be happy to pay that again as I currently paying £48.70 without sports and movies for the same thing and i tried to negotiate loads when I was moving to SKY Q they were getting nowhere near that amount

Soldato
I cancelled Sky 2 months ago & I don't miss it at all, mainly because I'm still using my parents SkyGo for the football :p That said, they've just offered me Sky TV & Sky Sports for £27pm with a one-off £10 fee which isn't bad.

Soldato
So notice given today on a full SkyQ , fibre and phone package . Been with them for 16 years.

Been out of contract for 3 months now and my current bill is £135 a month up form £100.

Best they could offer me was £99 a month to resign for 18 months so I’ve given notice .

If they do how long would it be before they offered me any better deals ?

Soldato
I've just returned after the best part of a year away. They called me most days in this period and I got a lot of offers through on email too and I've finally folded now that I have more spare cash and my other means of watching sports have become unreliable of late.

Managed to get Sports, UHD and Netflix for £40 a month for 18 months.

Associate
Had a contract ending, resulting in a £67 bill going to £110.

Best offer on phone was £85. Cut me off please.

3 days later, email offer original £67 with UHD added.

Accepted.

Been doing this dance with Sky for over 20 years.

It’s crackers how people accept price hikes from Sky.

Got a mate pays them 3 figures for basic HD+

Madness.

Associate
I'm on Sky+ HD. Just been offered the following over live chat:

U4zl3B7.png

What's a fair price for all of these?

I don't really want Sky Q, Sky+ HD works fine.

Got all this for 44 quid a month, but had to go through the cancellation route.

The offer above is similar to what they offered to me when I first phoned to cancel (when they were trying to stop me), so my advice is go through with the cancellation request and wait for their call.

Mobster
Soldato
Got all this for 44 quid a month, but had to go through the cancellation route.

The offer above is similar to what they offered to me when I first phoned to cancel (when they were trying to stop me), so my advice is go through with the cancellation request and wait for their call.

Thanks mate, have put in the request to cancel. When should I receive the call?

Associate
Thanks mate, have put in the request to cancel. When should I receive the call?

Give it a couple of weeks and all should be good!

If not - I was prepared to go through with letting it all go - but I'm convinced Sky would rather keep you as a customer as they did with me.

Let me know how you get it on pal.

If you need it - this is my deal:

https://ibb.co/4MZJ9Yf

Last edited:
Associate
If i cancel the Varity pack does that mean i still have the sky cinema movie channels ?

Am thinking of phoning them and cancelling the Variety pack & the Multiscreen

1MMLGLP.png
You are paying waaaaayyyy too much there. The Variety pack no longer exists - if you cancel it they'll put you on Signature, the basic pack, instead. I don't think you can keep just Sky Cinema - you need to have the basic pack too. But either way, if you're out of contract or nearing the end of it then get onto them as you should be paying around half what you currently are.

Soldato
You are paying waaaaayyyy too much there. The Variety pack no longer exists - if you cancel it they'll put you on Signature, the basic pack, instead. I don't think you can keep just Sky Cinema - you need to have the basic pack too. But either way, if you're out of contract or nearing the end of it then get onto them as you should be paying around half what you currently are.
Paying £71pm (£852 per year :eek::eek::eek:) and nothing at all even 4k :mad:

Am guessing they would expect me to pay even more if i wanted 4k :rolleyes: (at them) for a new box and install.. (they can get lost if they think am going pay even more on top for this)

And this had been my sky box for about the last 3 years or so as the Hard drive failed :(
TWXhSix.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Am guessing i be out of contract as i been with them since the late eighties or early nineties :D

Back
Top Bottom