*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Ah thank you Phil. That makes sense.

Im not even sure its worth keeping Sky anymore, most of the time kids are watching things from netflix, amazon, disney+ or BBC (iplayer).

Perhaps its time to ditch Sky.... after 17 years.....

Man of Honour
Well I cancelled Sky and they emailed me over the weekend to offer me everything I have now which is the complete package, minus multiscreen for £40 a month. Don't care about multiscreen any more anyway as I can't remember the last time my sons Sky box was even plugged in let alone actually turned on. I was quite looking forward to saving £60 a month which is what I'm paying now but not being able to easily watch F1 in 4K with HDR was really bothering me as that's all I watch on Sky anyway. But the kids and girlfriend will be happy as they're the ones that use it

Soldato
Well I cancelled Sky and they emailed me over the weekend to offer me everything I have now which is the complete package, minus multiscreen for £40 a month. Don't care about multiscreen any more anyway as I can't remember the last time my sons Sky box was even plugged in let alone actually turned on. I was quite looking forward to saving £60 a month which is what I'm paying now but not being able to easily watch F1 in 4K with HDR was really bothering me as that's all I watch on Sky anyway. But the kids and girlfriend will be happy as they're the ones that use it
Films, F1 and everything for £40pm?
Assume not Netflix?

Man of Honour
Ah man, I feel cheated lol.

It all seems a massive mess, when I said to the lady about hearing people being offered similar prices, at the time I originally cancelled, she said there was no chance people were offered that as they just can't do it now, a year or two ago maybe, but now they're stuck with much higher prices and offers are a lot tighter. Well, less than a week after that I get an email with an offer for the price I mentioned above. I said to the agent on live chat about what I was originally told, and she just said "New offers come up all the time...just good timing", yeah right

Soldato
I'm sure I could have pushed for less, but would have involved leaving etc...
I had a deal, it's ok, so I went with it.
I have had all of it the the past for £20pm, after I left for 3 odd months. So I guess I've had some good deals lol.

Soldato
So having checked future bill for the next couple of months I'm definitely seeing:

Signature
Ultimate TV Add-On
HD
UHD
£27/month.

I look at that as £11/month for the Sky exclusive channels and the use of their Q Box / EPG (as Netflix UHD alone would cost me £16/month). So I'm happy with that.

My alternative was to purchase a FreeSat box, so not really see any savings in Year 1, but effectively free TV at Year 2.

Associate
I was paying £32 per month for sky HD and Netflix without sport or movies and it's now gone up to about £50 per month.

I'm just weighing up my options as my virgin media is expiring next month so I might go to sky for broadband.

VM is going from £39 per month to £65 or something so I've cancelled that as of today. They initially offered me £62 to keep me and then retentions offered 33 for what I'm on now. £27 for 200mb or £21 for 100mb.

I'm tempted to stick with VM as it works well but sky now do FTTP (I guess) in my area and I can get a similar price to what VM were charging me.

Ideally I want to pay about £35 per month for my TV and broadband but that might be asking too much!

I'm going to ring Sky either later today or next week sometime and see what I can get as an offer.

Sky kind of have me stuck as we use them for sky mobile and those are half price contracts if I keep their TV so if I do cancel then my £6 per month doubles and then I'm not saving much at all.

I don't think I can be bothered with the hassle of moving them all to PAYG and Three have now stopped the 123 sim we were on before too.

Soldato
I gave my notice back in February for the end of May. Been dreading speaking to sky but managed to recontract:

Sky Signature
Ultimate TV add on
Sky Sports
Sky Cinema
Sky Ultra HD
Sky Multiscreen

Monthly fee £59 + £10 admin fee for 18 months

Also managed to snag another multi box for free rather than £50.

Quite happy with that overall.

Soldato
I gave my notice back in February for the end of May. Been dreading speaking to sky but managed to recontract:

Sky Signature
Ultimate TV add on
Sky Sports
Sky Cinema
Sky Ultra HD
Sky Multiscreen

Monthly fee £59 + £10 admin fee for 18 months

Also managed to snag another multi box for free rather than £50.

Quite happy with that overall.

Always refuse the admin fee.

Soldato
My package had gone up to ~£120 with the expiry of the offer from Misschief (thanks again!).

Can't be arsed haggling loads, but guy on chat has offered £69 for Signature + Sky + BT Sport + HD + UHD, which is cheaper than I had before with the offer, although I've lost Sky Cinema, which I only used once in the last 18 months.

Happy enough with that....sports is my monthly indulgence.

Associate
Left Sky months ago but over the last few days they have been calling me twice a day. Not answered yet but will next time to see what they are offering, I don’t expect them to match what I want which is Signature plus HD for under £15. I happy paying Netflix separately on my crypto.com card and getting the money back as crypto.

Soldato
I gave notice 30 days ago after being a customer for 20 years. was offered very little in the way of deals or incentives to stay when speaking to them.
No new deals or offers sent since so I'll be moving to freesat & streaming services as of tomorrow. My LG B6 TV has a built in freesat decoder so just hopefully I need to change the LNB on the dish :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom