Skyrim no-show

Soldato
Well I just picked up my Gamestation copy as I said I was gonna do for a whole £1.25 extra after my mates discount! Came with the Burlap Effect Map inside :D

Screw Simply from now on! haha!

Associate
Sorry if I cover anything already mentioned:

Amazon stated within the last six weeks (via email in my case) that pre-orders without first class delivery wouldn't arrive on day of release. Guess you are lucky if yours turned up, I refuse to pay first class so cancelled my pre-orders with them.

I've had a mass email from SimplyGames apologising to those who haven't received Skyrim today. On my way home but assuming mine aren't there.

Yep first class here too, not posted until the thursday which is what annoys me. It should be common practice to post on the wednesday for pre orders. No more Amazon for me, I had a completely free weekend for the first time ever. Now I'm going to have to get lashed, the trauma ;)

Associate
put my order in on the 10th with simply, paid £4 delivery for next day delivery just in case, just got this:

Your order from Simply Games will be delivered 14 November by DPD. Can you please ensure that someone will be available to sign for the parcel

Associate
put my order in on the 10th with simply, paid £4 delivery for next day delivery just in case, just got this:

Your order from Simply Games will be delivered 14 November by DPD. Can you please ensure that someone will be available to sign for the parcel

It is because Simply are out of stock of them right now. But it's a joke you won't get it until Monday :(

With regards to Steam... I downloaded loads of games on Steam (when the price is right e.g. special offer). I decided to buy a physical copy as it just happens to be a lot cheaper. I can then spend the money saved to buy myself another game (MW3 - not played any COD games before, but would be a good time to try out the genre, and I bought it today).

I've ordered MW3 from Simply as well. Let's see if that comes at the same tomorrow.

Today is Oblivion and Morrowind (overhauls and mods) install night :)

Associate
Complaint email to Amazon & at least my first class postage cost is being refunded - I just wanted to Whiiiiiinnnnneeee really.

Of course I also found that I'd had it sent to the wrong address like a muppet so it was never going to be here regardless. Phoned the parents (great for 'whilst at work' deliveries), and it's not their either yet though. Bah.

Associate

Royal Mail 1st class let me down with my Tesco order, dispatched on the 8th.
Should be here tomorrow. Annoying but c'est la vie.

However, if I paid extra for next day delivery I would be extremely ticked off today...

Associate
It is because Simply are out of stock of them right now. But it's a joke you won't get it until Monday :(

They had stock at the time, got an email saying that its been sent out on the day too, i would understand if it was a day late but :(

However, if I paid extra for next day delivery I would be extremely ticked off today...

This will be the first and last time i buy from them

Last edited:
Soldato
Date Time Location Tracking Event
11-11-2011 00:23 Charlton Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
10-11-2011 17:39 National Hub Received and processed

FUUUUUU~

Soldato
IT'S HERE. Haha, arrived like 5 minutes ago. Shaky box opening. xD Apparently they've been busy all day with deliveries. DAMN SKYRIM.

Caporegime
Same here with my asda preorder.
Despite their assurances it would arrive on release day i received an email today stating that due to technical diificulties my copy will not be delivered until tomorrow.

But you got a £10 voucher right? I did anyway.

I'm more than happy with that. If someone walked up to me and said " you can have Skyrim for £22 but it will come on Saturday and not Friday and i will also give you a free £10 voucher to spend on your next purchase" i would bite their hand of!

I could never justify spending £10 more on a game just to get it a day earlier. :/

Associate
An email was sent out today from SimplyGames regarding Skyrim on PC - apparently Royal Mail failed to collect the dispatches at their local sorting office on Wednesday, meaning none of them got shipped out. They said they got picked up Thursday, so I'm hoping that means Saturday delivery.

Associate
Obviously the Postman is an Elder Scrolls fan and was just being a dick by trying to be the first one to play it or actually would have a grudge towards everyone who receives it in the morning and gets to play it while he is at work.

Soldato
You are from Gravesend? I live only 10 minutes away from you. I want to see the game now.

Only joking, I'll wait for tomorrow. Fingers crossed, and well done on getting the game finally :)

Yep. Good old Gravesend. And unless you're a hot chickadee... ;)

Sorry to hear it didn't arrive. :/ It's easily avoidable. Just start delivering the day before release. Sorted. But noooo~

Back
Top Bottom