Skyrim no-show

Associate
Just had this email from simplydouche

Skyrim – Delayed Deliveries

Following feedback from many customers regarding non-delivery of Skyrim today, we have fully investigated the situation with Royal Mail. Unfortunately, we’ve now learned that our local sorting office failed to deliver some of our sacks to the main distribution hub on Wednesday evening. This has effected many orders – mainly for Skyrim on PC

Royal Mail have confirmed that the delayed sacks were then taken to the distribution centre the following day (Thursday) and therefore the affected orders are now on route for delivery and should be with you very soon.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this delay. Simply Games has an excellent reputation for getting new releases to customers by release date and we are very sorry if this delay has effected your order.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for this delay and any inconvenience caused. We assure you that your order will be with you very soon if it hasn’t already arrived.

Kindest Regards

Associate
Royal Mail 1st class is 1-3 days delivery. It is NOT next day delivery.

1-3 days? try weeks lol

Packages through RM here are a case of when the postie has enough deliveries to justify wheeling out the big red van which if your lucky is once a week

If people in general are determined to play something on launch day and already shelled out 30 quid spend a couple more on a reputable delivery service especially from november onward as you might as well consider RM backlogged from here on in, and thats a conversative guess

I just use courier/priority mail service whenever possible, its a little extra but its one less thing to fret about compared to spending a day stuck indoors waiting for stuff

OC's are probably amongst the fastest out there in terms of dispatch/delivery time and I've bought from all sorts

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Update from Simply.

Following feedback from many customers regarding non-delivery of Skyrim today, we have fully investigated the situation with Royal Mail. Unfortunately, we’ve now learned that our local sorting office failed to deliver some of our sacks to the main distribution hub on Wednesday evening. This has effected many orders – mainly for Skyrim on PC

Royal Mail have confirmed that the delayed sacks were then taken to the distribution centre the following day (Thursday) and therefore the affected orders are now on route for delivery and should be with you very soon.

Andi.

Oops a bit slow sorry for the repeat.

Soldato
Got your Skyrim?
I cancelled my preorder a few days ago after coming to terms with the fact I have too much work to do :(

But if I had kept the order, I'm fairly certain it would've arrived on time as deliveries in my area are very reliable :D

Failing that though, I would've simply waited. A day or two's delay is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Soldato
To make matters worse, Skyrim is leaked and cracked already. Legitimate customers wait, while those who got the game through nefarious means are happily chomping away.

If you guys REALLY wanted this game on launch day, and you are clearly angry enough to post like this about it, you should have spent a little extra and got the Steam version - it's obviously worth that much to you.

It's laughable that people are STILL buying physical media of Steam games.

Associate
Yer Skyrim was out for illegal download 2 days ago.

Also i agree with above poster i don't understand why people who want to play a game ASAP don't just digital download, was available to Preload days and days ago

Permabanned
To make matters worse, Skyrim is leaked and cracked already. Legitimate customers wait, while those who got the game through nefarious means are happily chomping away.

If you guys REALLY wanted this game on launch day, and you are clearly angry enough to post like this about it, you should have spent a little extra and got the Steam version - it's obviously worth that much to you.

It's laughable that people are STILL buying physical media of Steam games.

Laughable?? I laugh steam buyers pay more and only have a name on an app to show for it. I much prefer to pay less, get a nice box/map and manual. :rolleyes: I dont need stuff on day 1, I can wait a day or two. But I got mine a day early anyway.

Soldato
Laughable?? I laugh steam buyers pay more and only have a name on an app to show for it. I much prefer to pay less, get a nice box/map and manual. :rolleyes: I dont need stuff on day 1, I can wait a day or two. But I got mine a day early anyway.

It's made even more laughable by the weak justifications on offer - 'ooh I get a nice box and manual'. Nobody cares, you'll look at the box and manual (which is literally like 3 or 4 pages nowadays) exactly once in your life then you'll just forget about them.

Soldato
Ah well, my mates using his discount to get me this for £26 form Gamestation tonight at 5pm so I'll be installing soon :cool:

The main thing now is...do I send it back to SimplyGames for a full refund out of sheer principal or just sell on the CD Key at the price paid through the Members Market? :confused:

Permabanned
It's made even more laughable by the weak justifications on offer - 'ooh I get a nice box and manual'. Nobody cares, you'll look at the box and manual (which is literally like 3 or 4 pages nowadays) exactly once in your life then you'll just forget about them.

Saving £10.15 is laughable?

LOL yeap seems it is, we saved money and got extras. The justifications may be weak, but hell it was cheaper then steam and I get stuff :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom