Skyrim remastered free for pc if you own skyrim already

Associate
ok finally got to play..

loaded up.. jerky as hell.. applied a couple of INI tweaks like previous version and now silky smooth.. they have defiantly improved foliage and general graphics and the lighting is better but no perfect.

Soldato
Wheeee! Off and murdering again with my new idea for a build: Shock and Awwwwww! :D

Archer that doesn't sneak and always rushes into battle. Going for high DPS with enchanted bows/potions/perks.

Gonna be fun! :D

Soldato
What's the idea of this special version guys? Is it just a visual overhaul? I've watched a few youtube videos and I'm not understanding the need to release the same game but with updated graphics. We can already get that experience with mods, and honestly my Skyrim with over 200 mods looks a lot more impressive visually and probably better gameplay wise also. What's the market here I'm genuinely not seeing the point of this release, especially for those with the game already that can get it free.

Associate
What's the idea of this special version guys? Is it just a visual overhaul? I've watched a few youtube videos and I'm not understanding the need to release the same game but with updated graphics. We can already get that experience with mods, and honestly my Skyrim with over 200 mods looks a lot more impressive visually and probably better gameplay wise also. What's the market here I'm genuinely not seeing the point of this release, especially for those with the game already that can get it free.

So they can sell it on Xbox one and PS4 they just gave it to the ppl on PC who owned the game and DLC for free as a gift very little change to the game but still now its 64bit should be better with more availabe memory

Associate
Exactly the same game bugs and all. It was just a move from a 32bit engine up to a 64bit engine and also did a bit of a graphics tweak. Nothing earthshattering though.

It'll be nice to see what can be modded on it.

I second the question : where do I find the ini files?

Associate
loving it so far. running silky smooth, although im not running at mad 4k resolutions or anything. Looks very nice to me but it needs SkyUI converting asap!

Is there a non magical way of filling soul gems. It just goes against the grain a little for a casting hating character to have to cast spells to fill them up.

Associate
I think it's the lack of Gsync support that's causing the stutter.

running with G-sync fine here

Its a bug with the inbuilt v-sync that i think causes the problem..

I loaded the launcher and set my preferences in there first.

All i then did was change the following in my Skyrimprefs.ini

bBorderless=0
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1080
iSize W=2560
iVSyncPresentInterval=0

That's all i changed. The only problem i have is with not being able to see my carry weight but flawless widescreen is working on something for that

Soldato

bBorderless=0
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1080
iSize W=2560
iVSyncPresentInterval=0

That's all i changed. The only problem i have is with not being able to see my carry weight but flawless widescreen is working on something for that

What do you have set for vsync in the nvidia control panel?

Associate
I use g-sync so G-sync on and V-sync on

if you want to limit FPS to 60 in Skyrim you need to use Afterburner / rivatuner

the inbuilt setting is notorious for causing stuttering

Associate
Great update. I'm running sweetfx/reshade with LUMASHARPEN and game TAA and the image quality is superb, with no texture shimmering or blur when in motion. The LUMASHARPEN perfectly negates the TAA blur. SMAA does work but you get texture shimmer in motion.

Going to wait now for some more mods, but so far this is a definite improvement over the original already. Probably properly play it over Christmas.

Soldato

bBorderless=0
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1080
iSize W=2560
iVSyncPresentInterval=0

I use g-sync so G-sync on and V-sync on

if you want to limit FPS to 60 in Skyrim you need to use Afterburner / rivatuner

the inbuilt setting is notorious for causing stuttering

Not solving it for me, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom