Skyrim remastered free for pc if you own skyrim already

Soldato
Yes for those who are complaining that the remaster didn't add very much. That's not the main point. The move from 32-bit to 64-bit will mean huge things for mods down the line. Modded 32-bit Skyrim maybe better right now. But a couple years down the line a modded 64-bit Skyrim will look better than the 32-bit version ever could.

Caporegime
Yes for those who are complaining that the remaster didn't add very much. That's not the main point. The move from 32-bit to 64-bit will mean huge things for mods down the line. Modded 32-bit Skyrim maybe better right now. But a couple years down the line a modded 64-bit Skyrim will look better than the 32-bit version ever could.

Until some strange Gamebyro bug comes into play saying you cant load x amount in y places or see z distance with x amount without y limits.

:confused:

Never trust Bethesda's code ever.

Soldato
Tried those settings, but no change. I also can't get RivaTuner OSD to show up? Don't if that could be related? :confused:

Sorry bud, don't know what to suggest then :(. Works fine for me

Maybe aye. I would hope that in a couple of years we will have the next
elder scrolls game anyway though, on a brand new shiny as buggery engine. Knowing Bethesda, possibly not though.

Associate

there's a utube video that shows how it will help with things
One the bug with 2 objects trying to take the same place which made it flicker at distance is gone.
Another one is that if you say had 200 npc's fighting on the old 32bit version the fps would tank to about 15fps and only about 3/4 would fight the other would just stand there.
Now on the 64bit they all fight and the fps stays at 60+ so those crazy mods should be good

Another fix is that water now flows and doesn't just look like a texture it follows the path of the river and slows down when an object is in the way

Here the video 5 Hidden Improvements : Skyrim Special Edition

Last edited:
Soldato
Got to love the insane Skyrim physics, Lydia sensibly waded into TWO giants that I was trying to stealthily sneak around and promptly became orbital. When she eventually came back down and it took a quite a while, she decided to continue following me around while sliding everywhere on her back. This does make doorways a little awkward as I keep having to jump over her. We are currently trying to clear Hildgrund's tomb of a necromancer and hordes of draugr and frankly Lydia is not being of much help as her combat abilities are somewhat hampered by her supine position. There again, the draugr don't know what to do with her as they are swinging their swords and axes where she "should" be, leaving her to slash at their unmentionables from below. :D

Soldato
We need a thread for modding with a modlist and a guide on how to get them installed with all the relevant tweaks.

I'd happily do a thread, but until I can get the game playable on my system I won't be able to mod it.

Anyone fancy creating and keeping an OP up to date?

Man of Honour
there's a utube video that shows how it will help with things
One the bug with 2 objects trying to take the same place which made it flicker at distance is gone.
Another one is that if you say had 200 npc's fighting on the old 32bit version the fps would tank to about 15fps and only about 3/4 would fight the other would just stand there.
Now on the 64bit they all fight and the fps stays at 60+ so those crazy mods should be good

Another fix is that water now flows and doesn't just look like a texture it follows the path of the river and slows down when an object is in the way

Here the video 5 Hidden Improvements : Skyrim Special Edition

The Z-Fighting fix is good that was always distracting though I think I managed to mostly mod it out - for me the water in the game always followed the path of the river (though didn't do the other stuff like slowing down) not sure if that was a mod or not as I've pretty much always played with 1-2 water mods from the start.

Got to love the insane Skyrim physics, Lydia sensibly waded into TWO giants that I was trying to stealthily sneak around and promptly became orbital. When she eventually came back down and it took a quite a while, she decided to continue following me around while sliding everywhere on her back. This does make doorways a little awkward as I keep having to jump over her. We are currently trying to clear Hildgrund's tomb of a necromancer and hordes of draugr and frankly Lydia is not being of much help as her combat abilities are somewhat hampered by her supine position. There again, the draugr don't know what to do with her as they are swinging their swords and axes where she "should" be, leaving her to slash at their unmentionables from below. :D

I found capping the fps just below 60 (which was pretty much unplayable for me until G-Sync came along) was needed to stop the physics engine bugging out.

Associate

Had a moment yesterday in one of the caves early on...simply opened a door into a little room with some potions etc and it did that thing where everything in the room just flips out and starts flying everywhere. Potion hits me in the face and I just collapse to the floor dead.

Soldato

LOL! She completely horizontal?

Soldato

Hahahaha

That deserves a meme..... :)

"I was just getting old on my own.... Took a Lydia to the knee..."

Soldato
Try this for G-Sync issues.

Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimPrefs.ini

iVSyncPresentInterval=0

Nvidia inspector:

G-SYNC ON

Sync and Refresh > Frame Rate Limiter: [~] 61.8 fps
(shows exactly 60.0 fps on MSI Afterburner OSD)

Set as you wish:
Anisotropic filtering 16x
Texture filtering High Quality

Last edited:
Soldato

iVSyncPresentInterval=0

Nvidia inspector:

G-SYNC ON

Set as you wish:

Already mentioned a few times but thanks ;)

This doesn't fix it for me, and I'm not sure if it's fixing it for everyone?

Anyway, I'll leave it a few weeks and hopefully all the mods and fixes are out and I'll get myself immersed in it again.

Soldato
Yeah I'd say so, there is a lot to do. Plenty of quests, umpteen different builds to play through etc. If you like Open World and RPG then you should like this.

Associate

iVSyncPresentInterval=0

Nvidia inspector:

G-SYNC ON

Set as you wish:

My game runs at a totally solid 60fps with g-sync, off, so there is no point in having g-sync on, for me at least.
And since changing to fixed refresh rate all the issues I was having were totally solved.

Back
Top Bottom