Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
Surely anywhere you buy it will state if it's network locked? The actually hardware almost certainly wont be, they sell them all over the world...

So you would have thought; just can't understand why it was getting blood out of a stone to get a response. I had thought these would have been very popular and loads of people would have them etc. Really not sure whether to go for one or not now. My contract with BT ends in June, but I don't want to have to move providers.

Associate
I doubt there's network locking involved but you do need the network to support esim. I'm in the market for the Galaxy LTE (i'm with EE) but it looks like (stupidly) you need a samsung galaxy 7+ phone to register the darn thing. Crazy.
I've got an LG G6 and I don't know anyone with a sammy phone (I think).

Soldato
Can someone answer my question please?

From what I've read the Watch is linked to your EE mobile account its uses data and the same number as your phone

So I doubt it will work with BTMobile as they wont be able to add it

Copied from EE

4G Samsung Galaxy Watch – Launching exclusively on EE in the UK

EE will be the first UK network to support the 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch when it launches later this year. With the 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch, customers can take calls, receive messages and get notifications using the same number and data plan as their phone, while leaving their phone at home if they go out for a run or pop to the shops

Associate
Been looking for a smartwatch for a while, but wasn't sure to take the plunge or not. The Huawei Watch 2 has become available for £139.99 today and it is very tempting. It looks like the best price its every been looking at various price tracker sites.

Is this reduced so far as likely to be end of life'd soon? reviews look quite good for it. Do people reckon its worth holding out to see what comes out over the coming days in other sales or are the current gen watches mostly similar?

Associate
@ahar I pulled the trigger, figured that if i avoid the temptation to open the box for the week I can always return should something better turn up.

After looking around, latest version of WearOS (2.1) appears to improve speed a reduce laginess quite a bit, and it is one of the more powerful of the current gen smart watches.

Soldato
From what I've read the Watch is linked to your EE mobile account its uses data and the same number as your phone

So I doubt it will work with BTMobile as they wont be able to add it

Copied from EE

4G Samsung Galaxy Watch – Launching exclusively on EE in the UK

EE will be the first UK network to support the 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch when it launches later this year. With the 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch, customers can take calls, receive messages and get notifications using the same number and data plan as their phone, while leaving their phone at home if they go out for a run or pop to the shops

Looks like it only works with Samsung handsets though according to EEs website. Which is irritating.

Associate
Been looking for a smartwatch for a while, but wasn't sure to take the plunge or not. The Huawei Watch 2 has become available for £139.99 today and it is very tempting. It looks like the best price its every been looking at various price tracker sites.

Is this reduced so far as likely to be end of life'd soon? reviews look quite good for it. Do people reckon its worth holding out to see what comes out over the coming days in other sales or are the current gen watches mostly similar?

Good shout. I've pushed the button to get one too (the rainforest is better than the catalogue site re price inc delivery).

It's android, round face, Wear 2 (hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to later versions). Looking forward to trying it out.

I just hope it connects with my fairly ancient LG phone.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Ticwatch deals of the day at Amazon. E is down to £88! Pro is £165.

I think I'll have a punt on the E at that price.

Associate
I have a galaxy watch 4g (on EE) arriving today. I'm not sure if I can set it up without a Samsung phone though... Samsung say you just need an android phone but it looks like it fails to setup the esim but it seems it may be possible to borrow a galaxy phone to get the initial setup done before remarrying it to your own phone.. Wish me luck..

Soldato
I have a galaxy watch 4g (on EE) arriving today. I'm not sure if I can set it up without a Samsung phone though... Samsung say you just need an android phone but it looks like it fails to setup the esim but it seems it may be possible to borrow a galaxy phone to get the initial setup done before remarrying it to your own phone.. Wish me luck..

Read a page back.
Samsung has a plugin.

Associate
I followed the basic setup proceedure - everything worked perfectly aside from having to select the mobile network on my watch settings and being prompted for a reboot. I have 4g on the watch. Happy!

I didn't really have to arse about at all - i installed the wearable app from play and it did the rest :)

Back
Top Bottom