SN78SH7 shuttle anyone?

Associate
haha it was that simple all along, thats soo annoying.

Just went into bios and disabled hybrid sli and...

wooot.png

Thanks dude, glad we figured that out in the end.

EDIT: I notice that you actaully have 7.5 for ram and im getting 7.4 for the same ram. Is that to do with you having an ssd or a quad core do you think?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
haha it was that simple all along, thats soo annoying.

Just went into bios and disabled hybrid sli and...

wooot.png

Thanks dude, glad we figured that out in the end.

EDIT: I notice that you actaully have 7.5 for ram and im getting 7.4 for the same ram. Is that to do with you having an ssd or a quad core do you think?

woooohooo!

glad we got there, sorry i lead you round the houses, i made all my bios changes at once then reinstalled so was never quite 100% sure what caused it, lucky in away that me installing my new graphics card meant i needed to reset my bios!

i would have thought the extra notch is due to the quad or the SSD, they will vary slightly depending on all sorts,

Associate
I've had no post problems,
I have had to get in touch with support to get a new spring for my cd drawer, the one fitted really was too long and wasnt shutting the cover properly

Soldato
OP
ok well i fiddled with my memory settings and changed them back to auto, also disbaled 'halt on errors' and fingers crossed the system has been booting fine so far. i will still run memtest later.

Hey Tom, my DVD draw is empty and running ok, but my cover for the audio and usb ports does not line up correct when shut, a slight gab, but again i am anal

Soldato
OP
it seems to be fine on a cold boot now, but it came back last night on a restart! very frustrating, i still have not managed to run memtest, but will do tonight!

why does this shuttle not have a reset button?

Last edited:
Associate
Looking into one of these for my mum. Not really sure if an Atom will cut it, so was looking at a Shuttle instead, Something like this:

2nulwf4.jpg

Would the stock AMD cooler be the best bet? And whats this I hear about a noisy MB fan?

Soldato
OP
Looking into one of these for my mum. Not really sure if an Atom will cut it, so was looking at a Shuttle instead, Something like this:

2nulwf4.jpg

Would the stock AMD cooler be the best bet? And whats this I hear about a noisy MB fan?

stock amd cooler? these have there own 'ice system' built in, no room for other heatsinks, mobo fan is quiet in my view

Associate
Can't fault shuttle service, sent them an email about my spring on tuesday.
This morning I have a brand new spring for the dvd drawer free of charge fresh from Germany. Hopefully that will overcome my problems!

Man of Honour
Chipset fan makes quite a noise if you ask me - I replaced it with a quieter 40mm fan, which has halved the noise. I also replaced the onboard vga with a single slot 9800GT which has been superb. It will play anything I throw at it now at 1920x1080. Not that that will be an issue for mother :D

Back
Top Bottom