Snow White 2024

Thanks for the trailer @rp2000

I like how Snow White and the Evil Queen looks, and the CGI'd animals. Unless I've missed it, I didn't notice any dwarves, which was key to the original 30s film. I'm still up for seeing this on the big screen though on what I saw in this trailer.

I'm still waiting on a Lilo & Stitch date!

Thanks for the trailer @rp2000

I like how Snow White and the Evil Queen looks, and the CGI'd animals. Unless I've missed it, I didn't notice any dwarves, which was key to the original 30s film. I'm still up for seeing this on the big screen though on what I saw in this trailer.

I'm still waiting on a Lilo & Stitch date!
The brief glimpse of the dwarves is at the 20 second mark.

rp2000

It looks like AI generated garbage and why they pick somebody ugly to play Snow White when they got Gal Gadot playing the evil witch, how can somebody beaten to death with the ugly stick be fairer than Gal ?
Those CGI dwarves have been hastily tacked on after people laughed at the 7 magical creatures :p No way were they going to risk upsetting Dinklage by hiring actual little people to play dwarves.

I agree with you regarding Rachel Zegler, although ugly is a little harsh :p She's certainly no Gal Gadot though. Her biggest problem is she's so smug and obnoxious.

It's got flop written all over it.

The recent combo of her "free Palestine" tweet added to her looking extremely unhappy stood next to Gal Gadot at press events shortly afterwards MUST be making her Disney PR handlers want to gag her I would guess.

Sadly, once again, its the behaviour of the "star" which has created so much additional bad PR that even "normies" have noticed it. So much so that, even if the film was simply a direct recreation of the 1937 classic just in live action, I still think it'd flop at this point, which with a reported budget of $209 (it thats true I'll eat my hat) means making at least $400m-600m at the Box Office is required just to break even.

The recent combo of her "free Palestine" tweet added to her looking extremely unhappy stood next to Gal Gadot at press events shortly afterwards MUST be making her Disney PR handlers want to gag her I would guess.

Sadly, once again, its the behaviour of the "star" which has created so much additional bad PR that even "normies" have noticed it. So much so that, even if the film was simply a direct recreation of the 1937 classic just in live action, I still think it'd flop at this point, which with a reported budget of $209 (it thats true I'll eat my hat) means making at least $400m-600m at the Box Office is required just to break even.
You have to think the whole “you’ve signed up for D+? we can kill your wife now” is actually a PR ploy to keep the heat off Snow White.

Snow Whoke, no thanks

Indeed.

Well, I'm not subscribed to Disney, don't think I've watched anything related to Disney recently on netflix, and I cancelled that now anyway.

So I for one am not (at least consciously) funding this **** in any way.

Last edited:
Those CGI dwarves have been hastily tacked on after people laughed at the 7 magical creatures :p No way were they going to risk upsetting Dinklage by hiring actual little people to play dwarves.

I agree with you regarding Rachel Zegler, although ugly is a little harsh :p She's certainly no Gal Gadot though. Her biggest problem is she's so smug and obnoxious.

It's got flop written all over it.
Instead they upset every inspiring actor who dreamed of working in such a role, Dinklage was fine with it when he's the one who profited.

Yep Dinky pulled the ladder up after years of benefitting from it, he's an ***hole. How far he has fallen since peak GOT.

Have to love how he somehow thought he was the self appointed dwarf spokesperson for Earth and the morons at Disney had a kneejerk reaction. He's one actor I've never liked, just his look seriously gets on my ****.

Having not watch GoT, I only know dinklage from being a "little" person in Avengers infinity war.

The little I know of this situation, reminds me of the storyline for Life's Too Short, in which Warwick Davis wants to steal all the dwarf roles from his fellow dwarve actors ;)

rp2000

Here was his direct quote, just for clarity -

“They were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White, but you’re still telling the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs."........................."Take a step back and look at what you’re doing there. It makes no sense to me. Because you’re progressive in one way, but you’re still making that ****ing backward story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together, what the **** are you doing, man?”......................................."Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I’m not loud enough,"............................"All love and respect to the actress and the people who thought they were doing the right thing. But I’m just like, what are you doing?”

I guess he wanted "better" roles in films for dwarf actors than this, and felt that this film would be a step backwards, almost like taking them back to the "point and laugh" era rather than where we are now, where we see them as the serious actors they are. It still doesn't come across "well" from Dinklage, even if he meant it to come across differently though. I also think he's probably not seen the original or may be mis-remembering it, as the dwarves are very much a hard working collective who work "in a cave" but live in a house they built and are independent of having to rely on "tall people" for anything, which is a better story than his "living in a cave" makes out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom