So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Man of Honour
Soldato
BTW - Amazingly the Xiaomi Mk1 clearner has had the software update to add zone cleaning to it. So, if you just want one or more specific areas cleaned (eg: the kids make a mess in the kitchen, or the dog treads in a load of muck), draw rectangles where you want to clean, press a button, and off it goes.

Great!

Caporegime
OP
BTW - Amazingly the Xiaomi Mk1 clearner has had the software update to add zone cleaning to it. So, if you just want one or more specific areas cleaned (eg: the kids make a mess in the kitchen, or the dog treads in a load of muck), draw rectangles where you want to clean, press a button, and off it goes.

Great!
Happened a while ago https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31742588/ :)

Soldato
To get full software functionality you anyway have to have it set to Mainland China.
Not thus far... China has been first, others later...

It could well be I was simply too impatient to wait for the update at my Singapore server.

ps: The downside to the China Server is now some messages from the app are in English and Chinese - But that's a small niggle.

Soldato
Not thus far... China has been first, others later...

It could well be I was simply too impatient to wait for the update at my Singapore server.

ps: The downside to the China Server is now some messages from the app are in English and Chinese - But that's a small niggle.
I solved the chineese messages. I changed my language from English to "Default"... And now totally English instead of partially!

Associate
So Xiaomi all the way, really does seem to be the best one on the market from battery power to navigation. The Miele RX2 seems just as good from what I have seen so far but it cost double.

By the way how does on deal with the first floor? If you let it map the ground floor then move it to first floor will it go bonkers trying to find a way back to ground floor? What about the charging unit?

Trying to figure stuff out before buying into it:)

Last edited:
Associate
Some people mentioned to wait for the 3rd Gen. How long was it between the Gen 1 and Gen 2? Just wondering how long I might need to wait:p

Soldato
Some people mentioned to wait for the 3rd Gen. How long was it between the Gen 1 and Gen 2? Just wondering how long I might need to wait:p
Well, from that I can gather, the 2nd gen is not really much of an improvement over the 1st in most areas?

Associate
Who mentioned that, and what logical sense do you think that makes? :confused:

Here you go mate:

as with any new tech. i think it's still best to wait it for all the kinks to be ironed out.

i'll wait for the 3rd gen personally. usually the best time to buy into new tech.

I purchased the new Samsung and then cancelled my order. The robot is great in principle, does very nice edge cleaning, great navigation but the 0.3l bin and 40 min battery life... what's the point in having amazing new product let down by ability to actually do its job:(

Samsung PowerBot vr20 m706twd
41bHMlA2RlL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-PowerBot-vr20-m706twd-Bagless-robotizadas/dp/B07BGLGGPS/

Last edited:
Soldato
Here you go mate:

I purchased the new Samsung and then cancelled my order. The robot is great in principle, does very nice edge cleaning, great navigation but the 0.3l bin and 40 min battery life... what's the point in having amazing new product let down by ability to actually do its job:(

41bHMlA2RlL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-PowerBot-vr20-m706twd-Bagless-robotizadas/dp/B07BGLGGPS/

Even the mk1 Xiaomi (which I have) has a 0.42l bin I believe. And the mk2 was slighly bigger!?

On a clean of my ground floor, the bin will always be fairly full, so 0.3l suonds tight/small!

Caporegime
I have an xiaomi phone, 2 dashcam, 5 CCTV cameras.

The value for money and the quality has been outstanding.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their products now tbh. But the second gen has been out a while the third gen must be out soon so im still going to wait for that.

Caporegime
OP
Here you go mate:

You didn't even say what 3rd gen, so no idea you meant samsung. Be clearer in your posts.

Also the Xiaomi is the best robot, so no idea why you would wait for any 3rd gen samsung anyway.

Soldato
Because of this thread I got 2 iLife V7S Pros vacuums for £107 each.

They are fantastic and do a great job. I haven't tried mopping the floors with them as yet.
But it is fun letting them both lose and have my own robot wars :)

Back
Top Bottom