So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Soldato
Not released until April and around £1600 ...

Yes I'm saving

Where are you planning on getting it from?

The one with out the voice feature is the one to get I think. Won’t ever use that.

I’m tempted to plumb it in, don’t know how well it would fit under the sink, I’d have to cut the base of the unit out and slice the kick board to get it in. Don’t think it would actually be that bad to do. I’ve got until April to pick one though.

Last edited:
Associate
I think it's the halo model for this year so will undoubtedly be very good regardless.

I do wonder where it goes from here as things will need to get bigger for more power - in my head I've got a black Star Wars scuttle bug running riot around the house..

Caporegime
OP
I think it's the halo model for this year so will undoubtedly be very good regardless.

I do wonder where it goes from here as things will need to get bigger for more power - in my head I've got a black Star Wars scuttle bug running riot around the house..
More power really isn't needed, we are the point of diminishing returns now. I personally would not pay full price for the S8 Max V though and I would wait for it to filter down into the next gen of Q Revo.

Soldato
That is pretty damn impressive in terms of features but I am disappointed to see that the mopping system does not have the dual rotating mops from the Q Revo.

I wonder how the vibration/sonic cleaning does in comparison - be good to see some side by side test results.

Definitely looking to upgrade to a mopping variant in the future, as I'm seriously impressed with our Roomba J7 and the vacuuming it does - makes me want to explore more fully featured models.

Soldato
So think I've just pulled the trigger on an ecovacs t10+. Bit of an impulse buy and hopefully get it past the missus!

Anyone with experience of the model? We've only got hard floors, and if it only does the open lounge/kitchen that'll be plenty good enough for us, if it can get over the threshold into the hall, that'd be a bonus.

Any tips on owning a robot vacuum? How much is it going to freak out the cat?

Soldato
Moving home soon - most of the ground floor is carpeted and the kitchen has tiled flooring. Have been considering a robo vac and found the Philips HomeRun 3000 - Anyone know much about it?

I wasn’t sure about the price, it comes out at £540 at an online store :eek:

Soldato

Where it goes from here, is for a manufacturer to actually release a bot that doesn't compromise. Honestly, it's absolutely mad that no one has released a bot with the best implementation of features.

I've owned a Roborock, Roomba, Neato and Samsung bot at points and I'm now I'm just using a stick Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Neato D7 - Fantastic that it's D shaped, with a front mounted roller brush that is close to the edge of the bot. However it's navigation intelligence was flawed, and whilst it's an older model now, Neato's latest releases still lack features even on their top end models. No object avoidance AI and no self emptying.

Samsung - Again, D shaped and a front mounted roller but the brush was useless on carpet. AI was poorly implemented and resulted in the bot misidentifying objects.

Round bots for me aren't even worthwhile considering because there's no way that little side brush, with no suction directly behind it, will agitate the edge of carpets sufficiently. I'm sure they're fine for hard floors. It seems ridiculous (and I've done it) to spend £1k on top of the line models and for them to have flaws that require using a manual vacuum alongside.

I like the cleaning ability of the latest Dyson bot (the suction power, and the side vacuum for edges), but it's a lot of money considering the lack of AI detection and self emptying. I won't buy into the market until there's something worthwhile buying.

Caporegime
Hello,

i guess this is the ocuk official "robotdammsugare" smart vacuum thread...

My S5max is getting worn out and the mopping is way basic compared to modern offerings.

Im looking at the Roborock Q revo, which is out in Sweden :p and the Dreame L20 with the edge cleaning mop...

Now i think im gonna know the answer here but i guess there's not many owners seeing as its not even released there? :(

Im a HUGE fan of roborock but im willing to jump ship if there's a better one out

Associate
I’ve had the Roborock Q Revo for a couple of months not and am very happy with it.

It does a thorough job of vacuuming and mopping, it seems to have no issues navigating into gaps barely bigger than in, so in around the dining table chairs etc.

I’m rubbish at reviews so if any specific questions I will try and answer.

I also haven’t had to empty the bag yet assuming it will tell me when it’s full….

Soldato
I need to now actually find the time to setup my new t10+. It's going to be tucked in near the TV. I realise they supposedly need space to the sides but I'm not sure I can give it much. Since people have said it works ok with little space though.

Also, as it's actually arrived, I no longer fear jinxing it. Managed to buy it from the rain forest, marked at £399, but someone must have made a mistake with the voucher, since it took £250 off! Robot with lidar and empty station for £150 was irresistible!

Caporegime
I’ve had the Roborock Q Revo for a couple of months not and am very happy with it.

It does a thorough job of vacuuming and mopping, it seems to have no issues navigating into gaps barely bigger than in, so in around the dining table chairs etc.

I’m rubbish at reviews so if any specific questions I will try and answer.

I also haven’t had to empty the bag yet assuming it will tell me when it’s full….

nice.

the main thing im worried about is clearing/climbing over door frames.

Swedish houses are pretty weird and have a "threshold" between each room its a 1cm or less block of hardwood dividing the rooms My s5Max struggles to climb over them with the mop attached im hoping this Q Revo can do it if it lifts its arse up a few extra MM

DO you have anything in your house that's similar?

Associate
In our living room we have a round two part coffee table with metal legs / base which is probably 15mm square, and a then a few more mm as it has padded feet.

It lifts itself over those no problem to go under the table and clean.

IMG-0413.jpg

Back
Top Bottom