So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Caporegime
OP
I know!
I mean it seems hard to believe as my little bin fills up very quickly and the bags in the base unit don't look that big.
So seems hard to believe those bags can hold 30+ full robot bins.
Fluff and dust compacts. A lot.
Finally pushed the button on the Roborock Q Revo, £646 delivered, hopefully here next week.
Nice, let us know when you get it up and running!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seems hard to believe!
The bin on mine is filled every second run! And house isn't big.

Never clogs?

Never had a clog, base sometimes spins up twice to make sure the robot is empty.

Bin on the robot was full after every run prior to getting the base station, other thing to remember is we now send the robot out most days so it's probably coming back with a 1/2 to 3/4 full bin most times.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Never had a clog, base sometimes spins up twice to make sure the robot is empty.

Bin on the robot was full after every run prior to getting the base station, other thing to remember is we send the robot out most days so it's probably coming back with a 1/2 to 3/4 full bin most times.
That's crazy. I'm sold.

Think I'll get the Eufy g40 with base.
Its so much cheaper than anything else and the g30 I have has been fine.

Black Friday is close. I've noted down the current price so not to get boned

Associate
Has he been chewing on curtain strings? :D

Other than that, can you give me an update on how you're finding it being a Roomba owner?
love my roomba. great investment. Does a really good job.

amazed at the amount of dirt and fluff it picks up.

Last edited:
Associate
The Roborock Q Revo arrived today, have set it up and mapped the house.

It’s my first Robo vacuum so was quite impressed how easily it whizzed around and popped into gaps smaller than I thought it would.

We took in a cat from the rescue shelter a few weeks back, she has been pretty nervous but settling in well. I was worried if she would be terrified but she followed it all around the house like we had brought her a friend.

IMG-9886.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The Roborock Q Revo arrived today, have set it up and mapped the house.

It’s my first Robo vacuum so was quite impressed how easily it whizzed around and popped into gaps smaller than I thought it would.

We took in a cat from the rescue shelter a few weeks back, she has been pretty nervous but settling in well. I was worried if she would be terrified but she followed it all around the house like we had brought her a friend.

IMG-9886.jpg
Very nice! Looks like you have a tidy house too so make sure you set the automation so that it goes 3x a week. You can also play with the automation and set up multiple schedules so that on some days it hoovers and mops and on some days it just hoovers. It's very flexible! :)

Associate
Very impressed with it so far, I’ll be honest in preparation for its arrival I only vacuumed upstairs for the previous week…..

Off it went and handled it great, didn’t expect it to mop as well as it does.

Have setup for 3 runs per week with two of those including mopping and will see how we get on.

Caporegime
OP
didn’t expect it to mop as well as it does.
Just wait till you empty and clean the dirty water tank for the first time, you'll know it's working well when you see and smell it. :D

Make sure you wash the dirty water tank with warm water and a bit of washing up liquid and gently clean it to remove any residue from everywhere inside it. Also rinse out the clean one too (which will smell plasticky for the first few times).

Soldato
Bought my first robot vac - some Chinese make called Lubluelu.

It's incredible. £140, lidar works brilliantly, maps several floors, no go zones, falls sensor , and picks up so much. I thought we had a clean house, every day I re-empty a full bin. Astounding for the price. House smells so much better.

It mops as well, but we'll never use that, so got a 3rd party replacement that is all bin & no water reservoir.

SL60D?

Bought the same model a couple of months ago and have been very impressed with it, way better then I expected it to be. Lulu trundles around daily and the place has never been so clean (Mrs F and I are a bit lazy when it comes to house work)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
SL60D?

Bought the same model a couple of months ago and have been very impressed with it, way better then I expected it to be. Lulu trundles around daily and the place has never been so clean (Mrs F and I are a bit lazy when it comes to house work)

I was looking at that one myself and was tempted to take a punt, is the mopping any good? We have Karndean flooring and would love it to mop it as it looks dirty quickly if you're not careful.

Soldato
I picked up a Roomba J7 at the end of August, for what I believe to be a reasonable price (£357 + VAT) - this is the non-mop and non self emptying version.

Have to say I'm super impressed with how thorough of a job it does, arguably we have the perfect use case for a robot hoover, being in a bungalow with Karndean flooring throughout the main living spaces. We've named her Ronnie and she sets off at 9am daily to do a single pass of the hard floor spaces. She takes just over an hour and picks up more dirt and grit than we realise is on the floor.

On the odd occasion she does venture in to the carpeted bedrooms (under instruction), and the job she does there is equally impressive given the diminutive size.

It's making me want to invest in a better model, with self emptying and mop functions, but I think that will be in the future when mopping functions are as good as the current vacuuming functions.

Edit: as a side note, it also takes daily funny photos of our dog which is awesome to brighten up our mornings at work!

yKwGEZm.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
According to Roombas reports, it vacuums approximately 535 - 550sq/ft daily depending on how many obstacles it encounters. If doing a full house clean it's double that. Can do those daily 550ish sq/ft on a single charge comfortably.

Obviously it can't get under/through certain obstacles, so the total floor space cleaned doesn't tie in to total floor volume.

Soldato
SL60D?

The SL61 although no idea what the difference is.

We actually bought our second one this week, so not more manually carrying up and downstairs. We remain amazed at how good the house smells and how much they have picked up.

Not yet tried the mop function but will do this weekend

Soldato
The SL61 although no idea what the difference is.

We actually bought our second one this week, so not more manually carrying up and downstairs. We remain amazed at how good the house smells and how much they have picked up.

Not yet tried the mop function but will do this weekend

We noticed the change in smell or lack of (not that the house stank but it definitely smells fresher :D ) especially with having a dog. Lulu trundles round the house every day and there's still plenty of junk in her trunk to warrant emptying her each evening.

Caporegime
Bungalow, I think it's around 190m2 if memory serves. Takes two full charges to do the whole house in a day so it's set up on the app to do half each day. Usually manages about 70m2 on one charge.

If I had a house that giant I'd get a lidar.

I've marked the good offer prices on the g40 with base station.

If black Friday is a true discount I'll bite

Associate
The battery on the Roborock Q Revo seems very good, our ground floor is just over 100sqm once you deduct furniture and kitchen units it’s reporting a cleaned area of 78sqm.

To vacuum and mop this area today the battery level was still at 59% when it finished.

Richdog, John_Smith and anyone else with a Q Revo what settings are you using for the vacuum and mop level?

I have them in default so suction on balanced and mopping on medium, anyone recommend higher?

Back
Top Bottom