So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Caporegime
I've bought the Eufy G40 SES

Was 10 pounds cheaper on amazon Black Friday so bit the bullet.

It will replace the G30 that has been excellent. As long as it performs as well. Or better I'm happy.

£256 (included a 4 pounds voucher for pickup lol) seemed like a bargain.

Hope to sell my G30 for just under 100.

Looking forward to self emptying!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Eufy G40 SES has arrived.

YW9Zx7Y.jpg

daz

daz

Soldato
I've gone a bit mad and ordered the Roborock S7 Max Ultra. Looking forward to the mopping feature on the kitchen tiles.

I bought a Dyson 360 Eye approximately 6 years ago, it's actually got fantastic suction but the battery is going now and the runtime is not great these days. Mapping is non-existent, it's not smart at all. It lives on our ground floor and does the open plan area which is around 60M2, and it can't do it in one go. Realistically it's been going out twice a week for those 6+ years, so it's cost me about £2.50 a hoover. Quite pleased with that #manmaths. I'll stick this Dyson upstairs whilst it's still going and it can do some of the bedrooms and hallway.

Caporegime
How are you getting on with this? Just debating grabbing one, downstairs we are mostly Karndean, so interested in the mopping really. Thanks

Just FYI this doesn't mop. Unless I've misread your post.

I'll just check the dust tray now as I haven't in a couple of weeks.

m2dmZk9.jpg

Looks good!

Last edited:
Soldato
We’re looking for a robot vacuum as we find that we go a month between using our swanky new Dyson v1000 with laser dirt detection. That was a good buy…

All upstairs is carpeted apart from the bathroom; the stairs is very steep and carpeted so that is a concern if it goes over the edge - it’s a straight up and down staircase, so if it tips over the edge it will 100% be destroyed by the fall!

Downstairs however is 80% hard floors with one large rug and two smaller carpeted rooms!

We would be happy to get a different one for upstairs and downstairs.

We have a fair bit of exposed wooden furniture downstairs so wouldn’t want them sprayed by a mop or bashed into - not sure how smart they are?

Caporegime
OP
I've gone a bit mad and ordered the Roborock S7 Max Ultra. Looking forward to the mopping feature on the kitchen tiles..
Interesting if you dont mind me asking why did you order the S7 Max Ultra? It's basically been superceded by the cheaper and mostly superior Roborock Q Revo.

Caporegime
OP
100%. I've tried to order it from Amazon DE and keeps getting rejected. I'm mixed feelings about it - seen some sketchy reviews where it is an amazing robot, then just fails after a few weeks.
Fails after a few weeks? Whut? I haven't seen anything like that.

Sucks that its not readily available in the UK though.

Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
Interesting if you dont mind me asking why did you order the S7 Max Ultra? It's basically been superceded by the cheaper and mostly superior Roborock Q Revo.
Basically lack of proper research and black friday fever.
To be fair, I'm happy with my choice. Could I have saved a bit of money - seems like yes. Am I OK living my life in ignorance. Also yes.

The S7 Max Ultra does everything I need it do. Because the obstacle avoidance is so much better than my last robot (Dyson 360), I actually use it a lot more. It doesn't require quite as much tidying to make sure it can get around OK. I also like how it's mapped all of the rooms in the house so I can send it out to the downstairs loo and tell it to give it a quick mop and it'll find its way there without issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom