So err, What’s Happened to the Princess of Wales?

Soldato
I’ve not got any beef with someone with private health care, no. I’ve not, at any point, said anything negative about private health care. At all.

What I suppose I do have a beef with is the royal family getting special treatment /care over the rest of the country just because they happen to have been born into or married into some family we are supposed to put on a pedestal above others. Just because.
Do certain private care policies in corporates not cover close family?

So really, you could say that about any partner shacked up with someone with a private health care policy.

I know people that have built up and sold businesses, grafting for 30+ years, now their family have the best policies money can buy, should we hate on them too?

You get people from all walks of life, there’s no point hating too much on everyone.

Caporegime
This private HC argument is dumb. Many employers give you free private care now (BUPA etc) as part of your benefits package

Plus actual BUPA cover is not particularly high (£40pm) sure if your on the low - non existing end of the pay scale that's not viable but for everyone else £40 is nothing.

The biggest issue really is society doesn't overly care about health until they have a problem.

Yeah but try getting it when you're retired.

I assume like dog insurance, it's cheap when young. But rockets when old?

Soldato

So really, you could say that about any partner shacked up with someone with a private health care policy.

I know people that have built up and sold businesses, grafting for 30+ years, now their family have the best policies money can buy, should we hate on them too?

You get people from all walks of life, there’s no point hating too much on everyone.

yeah my son in law got a comprehensive allergy test done privately for my granddaughter when the nhs were dragging their feet ,, pretty basic cows milk allergy found and turned from a sad to happy baby, they are now laddering, not because they want her to drink milk but the inevitable chance of consuming biscuit's ect from others at day nursery (she's had 2 casualty trips already)

Associate
I’ve not got any beef with someone with private health care, no. I’ve not, at any point, said anything negative about private health care. At all.

What I suppose I do have a beef with is the royal family getting special treatment /care over the rest of the country just because they happen to have been born into or married into some family we are supposed to put on a pedestal above others. Just because.

The care she will get, just because she’s shacked up with a prince is going to be above and beyond what any other individual within this country, private or otherwise, will get. She will be prioritised above other mothers with the same disease, private or not.

So I suppose the question is: Do you think her life, is worth more than someone else who also happens to have private healthcare but hasn’t had the luxury of marrying into the royal family.

If you think that’s right or fair, I’m not trying to convince you of otherwise. I think the royal family is a stupid notion at the best of times but that’s just my opinion.

What I am not saying is that I do not wish for her to get treatment or wish her ill. I, like many people, have lost loved ones to cancer. I don’t wish it on anyone. So I wish her the best, it’s not her fault the world is the way it is but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.
They get the care they pay for, the same as any very wealthy person would. The Monarchy is not held in the same regard as they used to be. Now they are seen more like a business, with the type of jobs they do they would need to be well basically 24/7 , 365 days of the year.

Would you have the same attitude towards the partners of Alan Sugar and Richard Branson? Both self made very wealthy people

Last edited:
Associate

Most don’t out of the box unless you request it but you will of course end up paying more as it’s a taxable benefit. I decided to put my misses in it as of April renewal because waiting lists for non-urgent stuff was silly and in the end it’s just money. Do feel alittle guilty though because it shouldn’t be needed and if things improve after a Labour term I’d remove her again.

Associate
Most don’t out of the box unless you request it but you will of course end up paying more as it’s a taxable benefit. I decided to put my misses in it as of April renewal because waiting lists for non-urgent stuff was silly and in the end it’s just money. Do feel alittle guilty though because it shouldn’t be needed and if things improve after a Labour term I’d remove her again.
You may need to keep her on it as it will not be a quick fix like a lot of people think. Labour will not be the saviour of the country I'm afraid.

Soldato
The only thing that erks me on the news is this

" Make sure you get yourself checked out, early diagnoses is crucial, doesn't always show symptoms "

So what do you do? Hey Doc, can you check my entire body out please... I'd like a full scan of my bowels, prostate, skin everything.

So no, you still need a symptom

If you’re prepared to pay for it, you can book it today. Be aware that one type of scan isn’t going to work across your entire body.

Google “private mri uk” and you’ll see a bunch of providers offering such a service.

I know someone that works in this sector and using them doesn’t “jump the queue” as they are privately owned businesses that sell scanning resources in blocks to both public and private healthcare providers.

Associate
Look, I'm a person who certainly has no love for the royals, I've said it on here prior, and certainly didn't care about the “conspiracies” flying about over doctored photos, but you wouldn't wish this upon anyone or their family, regardless if they're a public figure or not, hopefully she powers through and can use her status in society to just further highlight the awareness of cancer in younger people / adults and push for easy access to treatments for everyone.... Bottom line is, she'll be receiving the best treatment available, again no doubt something people will just pick out as negative, but its something we'd all want and happily take if in the position to afford / have it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only thing that erks me on the news is this

" Make sure you get yourself checked out, early diagnoses is crucial, doesn't always show symptoms "

So what do you do? Hey Doc, can you check my entire body out please... I'd like a full scan of my bowels, prostate, skin everything.

So no, you still need a symptom
I mean, I think the slant of that advert was to get yourself checked out if there's a reason to suspect a problem, not just because it's Tuesday. I'm not sure it's unreasonable to expect a symptom.

But that doesn't remove the daftness of that ad campaign. My mum got a sudden and abiding chest pain which, partly off the back of seeing that advert, she thought she should go to the doctors with. Nearest appointment is 3 weeks. Maybe, instead of spending the money on telling everyone the obvious, they should have kept it for the actual provision of healthcare.

Back to the subject of Kate, the British press spending a month hounding her and then suddenly fawning all over her after the cancer diagnosis like they've always been there to support is nauseating.

Soldato
Would you have the same attitude towards the partners of Alan Sugar and Richard Branson? Both self made very wealthy people

No. Because they are self made and deserve what they’ve worked for. I still wouldn’t agree with them getting priority over someone else on private health care though.

I don’t know why everyone thinks I have a problem with PHC when I haven’t once said that. I have family who have and are benefitting from PHC. I just disagree with someone getting priority due to a stupid status.

That’s the last I’m going to say on it cause I’m fed up of everyone twisting what I say. My issue is NOT private health care. My issue is the RF getting something ‘regular’ people on PHC would not receive.

As I said. I understand life is about the haves and have nots.

Caporegime
I mean, I think the slant of that advert was to get yourself checked out if there's a reason to suspect a problem, not just because it's Tuesday. I'm not sure it's unreasonable to expect a symptom.

But that doesn't remove the daftness of that ad campaign. My mum got a sudden and abiding chest pain which, partly off the back of seeing that advert, she thought she should go to the doctors with. Nearest appointment is 3 weeks. Maybe, instead of spending the money on telling everyone the obvious, they should have kept it for the actual provision of healthcare.

Back to the subject of Kate, the British press spending a month hounding her and then suddenly fawning all over her after the cancer diagnosis like they've always been there to support is nauseating.
Has your mum been seen yet?

Caporegime
No. Because they are self made and deserve what they’ve worked for. I still wouldn’t agree with them getting priority over someone else on private health care though.

I don’t know why everyone thinks I have a problem with PHC when I haven’t once said that. I have family who have and are benefitting from PHC. I just disagree with someone getting priority due to a stupid status.

That’s the last I’m going to say on it cause I’m fed up of everyone twisting what I say. My issue is NOT private health care. My issue is the RF getting something ‘regular’ people on PHC would not receive.

As I said. I understand life is about the haves and have nots.
What are they getting that people on PHC don’t receive?

Associate
Do we know what that is yet?
Unless there is a treatment that is very expensive that is easy on the body I would say her and Charlie will get the same treatment as the rest of us would, just in more comfortable surroundings and quicker because they have paid for that privilege. Nothing more than that, no queue jumping, that is what their payment for PHC would entail.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has your mum been seen yet?
Embarrassingly, I need to check that with her. This happened right in the middle of my dad being in hospital with a fairly major health scare (pneumonia, possible fluid on the brain which was thankfully ruled out, and a final diagnosis of an underlying cause of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation), so it didn't get the attention it should have.

Soldato
So if you win the lotto and had cancer you would gladly give up private treatment because of your morals, damn your children?
Personally, if I had a high enough profile that I could draw attention to the utter state the NHS has been left in by foregoing private healthcare I would seriously consider it. The royal family would be doing us all a huge service as a result.

Soldato
Personally, if I had a high enough profile that I could draw attention to the utter state the NHS has been left in by foregoing private healthcare I would seriously consider it. The royal family would be doing us all a huge service as a result.

And possibly leave your kids parentless.....

And death..

Ok, easy to take moral stances like this without death knocking for you I guess.

Back
Top Bottom