So I've been posting on these forums for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I remember rushing to the forums after work thinking someone would steal my username as it was first come first served. Came straight in from work and jammed up the phone line to find that only a few folks had bothered to register and felt like a spoon. Some things never change :) :p.

I remember MYB's late night posts, usually one a night just after midnight where he's pull out the most ridiculous bit of fact, things like 'The reason a train line exists between x and y is due to x being a natural resource for....'. I used to read the whole think and think, cool, wtf, cool, bonkers :p.

Others, was just looking just now and loads are still active:
Telescopi
Bledd, I remember you from your CY2K name/sig.
2Blue, jeez.
Mpemba Effect running the Linux forum.
Werewolf running the music forum.

Soldato
I remember I first joined around the time I bought my first build, AMD Athlon 2800+, 1Gb twinmos ram, 17" TFT, it was a beast!

Also everyone was talking about this new browser which was an alternative to IE6. It was called Phoenix, it was soon renamed FireBird, and then finally FireFox

Soldato
I joined in Aug 2000 and remember the old days well, was speccing up my new build (Duron 750@1GHz, Radeon 64MB, Juno P6 and about 8 fans lol). Dons like Oranjeboom and Riddlermarc were around. There was actually a 'nuke' before 2002, in 2001 when the switch from UBB to VBB meant everyone had to register again.

Associate
It appears I joined in Aug 2003 - makes sense as I bought all the parts for my AMD3000 machine from here.

Some of the things on this forum have made me cry with laughter (most of the GTA threads spring to mind). I still have a laugh posting drivel :)

I'd like to know what my total post count is though, I donated 1k+ posts for a charity auction (hence why I have the 1000+ avatar with only ~955 posts).

Anyway, here's to more good times!

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom