So I've been posting on these forums for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Its incredible what information your memory retains, I can hardly focus on my warehouse job at work but I can still recall a wide selection of sktA heatsinks and popular fan models. As always computer technology storms ahead.

Soldato
Me
I was a very different person 10 years ago.
I'd not long had myself a job in a large multi-national company, still filled with hope and determination (that was soon after destroyed by the same company) to succeed in life.
Angry. Angry a lot of the time. Very cocky, too.
Relatively care-free.

If anyone else wants to post memories, please do :)
And you got to work with me! :D

Miss ya man

Soldato
Globalwin 802 with 4 or more 80mm Delta screamers :D WTF was I thinking!

Edit : On second thought did it have 120mm YS techs? The OcUK Tornado was it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless I'm very much mistaken it's a P6, not a P3. I wrote a review of the case for a now-dead website, and a few months later one of my pictures from that review turned up in someone here's sig. The two PSUs thing was useful in those days: I used an old AT supply to run all the fans (I'd cut extra holes for three more) and an ATX for the hardware.

M

sorry, yes it's a P6!
ahhh I miss those! wonder if it would be worth having two PSUs rather than one REALLY expensive one now (ie one for each graphics card!)

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Joined in 2004 amidst the Doom 3/Far Cry/Half Life 2 madness... Happy days.
(After a break i lost my account and reregistered!)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I was here just after the big nuke (early 2003), although I forgot my account password and it wasn't until I needed help with something a year later that I signed up with my current alias.

Must have gotten my answer because I didn't come back "properly" until early 2005 (was spamming my way to 10,000 posts on the steam forums mainly), and even then I'd forgotten I even had an account. I went to sign up again (lol) and I was most amused to see a message that "this email is already registered" :eek:

There has been some characters on here over the years. Both good and bad!

I tip my hat to the regular contributors, there's a real sense of community, which sets it above most other forums. I think I must have memorised so many sigs by now that it really messes with my mind if someone 'regular ' changes it :p

Man of Honour
I remember back in the days! Been a member since 2002 myself.

Your join date to the left of your post says something different... :p

How?

User 1 of the forum is........

Joined - 17th Oct 2002

There have been various incarnations of the forums and they started in '98 or '99 I think but in October 2002 was the Big Nuke where the forums got reset (due to database issues as I understand it) so that's why you've got a few hundred members with a join date of October 2002. A few of the members were pre-registered due to being part of the moderating team and hence will have very low user numbers but after that it was a free for all effectively. At least that's what I've pieced together from various discussions about it but I'm happy to be corrected by any of the old guard if I'm wrong about it.

Permabanned

:o boy how could that have got there :(

There have been various incarnations of the forums and they started in '98 or '99 I think but in October 2002 was the Big Nuke where the forums got reset (due to database issues as I understand it) so that's why you've got a few hundred members with a join date of October 2002. A few of the members were pre-registered due to being part of the moderating team and hence will have very low user numbers but after that it was a free for all effectively. At least that's what I've pieced together from various discussions about it but I'm happy to be corrected by any of the old guard if I'm wrong about it.

Oh I see. Sweet.

Man of Honour

Close except there were two big database wipes, one deliberate, one not so. The "new" dates come from the second, deliberate, one.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I say nuke it again for the lulz.

Put everyone on level ground and take the opportunity to upgrade to a newer version of vb? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom