• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

Votes: 142 41.0%
  • 1700X

Votes: 92 26.6%
  • 1800X

Votes: 112 32.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
just had a look on the site and the good news is the 1700x is in stock and the bad news is no asus crosshair so that's dashed my hopes of getting my bundle this week

Associate
just had a look on the site and the good news is the 1700x is in stock and the bad news is no asus crosshair so that's dashed my hopes of getting my bundle this week
yup looks that way. I got my preorder in about an hour after preorders went live last week, and even I didn't get a dispatch email today. So it looks like theres been a massive shortage of crosshairs from the start.

Associate
yep plenty of 1700x but like the
ROG Crosshair VI Hero board the gigabyte gaming 5 looks to be out stock from other pre-orders , well no use in waiting ,
can see it take maybe more than a month for something so new to come in stock
& that's after all the other pre-orders in front of me .

Associate
Im going to see if I can find out how long my order will take to dispatch. If its going to take more than a week then I may cancel my preorder, keep my 4790K and just grab a second hand GTX1080

Soldato
not got an email saying anything is on its way. i ordered it last monday as well as soon as preoders came online :( no boards in stock anywhere at all either, but everywhere has all the cpu's :p I even took tomorrow of work as well.

Man of Honour
Now that the reviews are out I won't be buying any. Single core and gaming performance is all important to me and sadly it just isn't there yet. Overclocking headroom is pretty poor as well. Maybe the next generation will improve things considerably.

Associate
Think there might be a few canceling after reviews if gaming is your priority. Amazing that you have to disable multi threading to get i5 level gaming perfomance. Kinda bummed tbh was poised to buy based on reviews going well today regarding gaming. Has Gibbo or anyone else got info from amd regarding the multi threading issue i.e will be more beneficial to gamers in the future etc?

I'm quite happy with how my i7 3770K performs currently so I won't be buying any Ryzen right now. If I were in the market I would be looking into the 1700, will look properly when I am in the market, hopefully there will be a proper AMD vs Intel in full swing by then (we can hope).

Associate
Think there might be a few canceling after reviews if gaming is your priority. Amazing that you have to disable multi threading to get i5 level gaming perfomance. Kinda bummed tbh was poised to buy based on reviews going well today regarding gaming. Has Gibbo or anyone else got info from amd regarding the multi threading issue i.e will be more beneficial to gamers in the future etc?

Ryzen is more than enough for any kind of gaming. So if benchmarking is your priority, then wasting money on Intel sounds like a good idea.

Associate
I cancel my 1700x & Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD X370 pre-order, seems the motherboard could be over a month before even get a chance in getting one
so i wait on let the new motherboard line settle in see what happens , i got a 4790k , so all fine still here , will be interested in see the new Nvidia 1080TI 11gb graphics card.

i seen else where the gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD X370 on pre-order for £278.99 inc. vat , hope this don't happen all over , rip off

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom