So.... Twin Peaks is due to return.

Permabanned
I think the continuation starts later this month... Am looking forward to it but at the same time worry it may spoil my all-time favourite TV series. That said, Lynch being heavily involved does give me hope.

Soldato
Looking forward to this, I watched the fan edit called Northwest passage that does the main story line only as I was only a baby when this originally aired. Would recommend this to anyone who wants an idea of what the main story is.

Associate
Hoping for an overall tone closer to Fire walk with me than the series,Tv show was too scattergun imo from horror/misery to quirkiness/comedy.Lynch is better focusuing on the dark side so to speak,excited to watch it tho.

For those have never watched the show be4,it deffo is quite hammy and awkward to watch imo these days(especially S2).Think the film encompasses the ideas/themes better overall.Lynch is directing all 17 eps so i have high hopes!

Soldato
So I have never watched Twin Peaks and decided to give it a go last night. Unfortunately I seem to have watched the International pilot which apparently has an extra 20 minutes at the end that seemingly spoils the entire series? Is there any point in me watching it now, or have I just spoiled a murder mystery in episode 1? :(

Soldato
I would say so just for the quirky characters. There are quite a few great moments through-out the series.

Thanks, I think i'll still watch it either way as it did seem good from the first episode.

Is that Bob the killer then or did they change it? I read something else that said the extra 20 minutes on the international pilot just contains spoilers for the first 3 episodes, but that doesn't sound right.

Permabanned
So I have never watched Twin Peaks and decided to give it a go last night. Unfortunately I seem to have watched the International pilot which apparently has an extra 20 minutes at the end that seemingly spoils the entire series? Is there any point in me watching it now, or have I just spoiled a murder mystery in episode 1? :(

Without saying too much, I do not believe the extra footage spoils the rest of the 1st season.

Man of Honour
Absolutely damn loved the return. Was amazing to see how some of the characters had aged and I really loved that it spread to places other than Twin Peaks, really gave the impression that it could turn into a whole "Twin Peaks" universe series of films/shows.

Some really freaky/weird moments as you'd expect but just brilliant to have it back and those first few chords of the theme tune evoked so many memories !

Permabanned
Absolutely damn loved the return. Was amazing to see how some of the characters had aged and I really loved that it spread to places other than Twin Peaks, really gave the impression that it could turn into a whole "Twin Peaks" universe series of films/shows.

Some really freaky/weird moments as you'd expect but just brilliant to have it back and those first few chords of the theme tune evoked so many memories !

I'm so pleased that it's getting a good reception!

I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited to watch it tonight. Can't wait!

Permabanned
Watched all 4 episodes last night.

Don't really know what to say to be honest. Been a Twin Peaks fan for years and a Lynch fan for even longer and I'll tell you right now, if you don't like his flicks, this isn't for you. Twin Peaks fan of old or not.

It really is quite dark now. I'm not kidding, some of the imagery is really, really unsettling. It's more akin to Eraserhead in the first 2 episodes then anything resembling Twin Peaks. Nearly all the charm that juxtaposed the horror in the first 2 seasons is gone and what we're left with is Lynch's fascinating obsession with surrealist motifs and dream like imagery.

9 years ago, Blue Velvet gave me a definition of what art is. It can be anything and nothing. It doesn't have to have some immediate purpose to it. Sometimes you just have to let the artist take you somewhere. I very much think this is the mindframe you should approach this season with. It's mad and incomprehensible in all the most famous Lynchian ways and whilst I'm willing to let it overcome me, there's going to be a lot of people out there that aren't fans.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Scariest thing to me so far, is just how little the actor who plays Leland Palmer has aged in 25 years compared to everyone else !!

Watched all 4 episodes last night.

Don't really know what to say to be honest. Been a Twin Peaks fan for years and a Lynch fan for even longer and I'll tell you right now, if you don't like his flicks, this isn't for you. Twin Peaks fan of old or not.

It really is quite dark now. I'm not kidding, some of the imagery is really, really unsettling. It's more akin to Eraserhead in the first 2 episodes then anything resembling Twin Peaks. Nearly all the charm that juxtaposed the horror in the first 2 seasons is gone and what we're left with is Lynch's fascinating obsession with surrealist motifs and dream like imagery.

9 years ago, Blue Velvet gave me a definition of what art is. It can be anything and nothing. It doesn't have to have some immediate purpose to it. Sometimes you just have to let the artist take you somewhere. I very much think this is the mindframe you should approach this season with. It's mad and incomprehensible in all the most famous Lynchian ways and whilst I'm willing to let it overcome me, there's going to be a lot of people out there that aren't fans.

You're quite right, I loved the 4 episodes so far, I found them engrossing, fascinating and utterly absorbing. Couldnt take my eyes off of it. I was a HUGE fan of the original.

My missus on the other hand, who was also a fan of the original, lasted 1.5 episodes of the new one before getting up and going to bed saying it was total ****

Back
Top Bottom