So.... Twin Peaks is due to return.

Permabanned
FINALLY caught up with last weeks episode yesterday ready for tonight.

Thought it was great, if a little too measured given that episode 8 was SOOOOOOOO abstract.

Soldato
I've watched S1 & S2 the last few weeks and I thoroughly enjoyed it, it had it's quirky, light-hearted moments, dramatic, artistically odd moments. But the second half of the last episode of S2, what the hell? It went full avant-garde, surrealist trip; I didn't like it; it was so far beyond what the entire two seasons had been up to that point.

Much to my disappointment so far, 3.5 (or 4) episodes in and it seems to pick up right where we left off with that style and turned it up to 11. Also, the way previous series characters interact with each other is totally different to how they used to be. It's off-putting.

I know they're supposed to be dialing it in a bit, but it feels almost perpetually somber.
At least we're getting some light hearted moments with coop.

Permabanned
Despite initially having mixed feelings on the new series I am starting to really like the direction Lynch has taken things. Lynch has never been one to do the obvious thing or pander to what the 'fans want' and if he had tried to remake the twin peaks from 25 years ago it would have felt as hollow as the Star Wars or star trek etc reboots. I genuinely think it is one in the eye for Hollywood and its constant need to recycle but without innovation, he has keep just enough elements of the old Twin Peaks but given it a fresh, modern feel, which allows it to stand on its own but at the same time compliment the initial run + film.... Let's hope it builds to an awesome conclusion to the story. To be honest I was initially disappointed when we didn't get the quirky but loveable, swashbuckling Cooper of old back to lead us from one scene to another with his narration to Dianne and love of pie and coffee. What we have been given instead has so much more depth, an example would be to his relationship with Janey-E which is both heart-warming and tragic at the same time.

Lynch has an uncanny ability to take actors and turn them in to characters within his world... nothing feels out of place and I always feel like almost every character manages to steal almost every scene (in their own way) ... I am genuinely looking forward to how the series ends and then going back to watch the whole thing (S1,S2,S3 +FWWM+MP) in the 'most satisfying order' as determined by some TP boffin

D3K

D3K

Soldato
After watching up to ep9 I decided to rewatch S1, 2 and FWWM to refresh my memory of the bob and lodge canon. It still doesn't help with ep8...
S1 was great, S2 great until lauras killer was revealed, then it was 10 episodes of utter garbage until it started taking direction with the lodge arc.
I found it quite useful though. For some reason I always thought Cooper was talking to his dead wife on his dictaphone. And I had assumed bad cooper was simply good cooper but possessed.

I hope we get something regarding Windam Earle, and a follow up on Leo. It's clear Audrey survived since the Ben Horne grandson must be her but not looking like we're going to see her.
Annie has gotta make a return too surely.

Not sure about the musical endings. ep10 was a bit drawn out. Noticed moby playing guitar on the left. Last weeks trio of girls looked like they could have been daughters of the three queens.
And they need to hurry up with this Dougie Jones garbage. It was tiring after 4 episodes. I want to see the real agent cooper and his reaction to life.

Caporegime
Audrey Horne's return - What a damp squib. Who is Billy, Who is Tina, Who is Chuck?

It does feel like Lynch is just purposefully messing with the audience.

And then who were the girls at the end in the bar?

Soldato
Audrey Horne's return - What a damp squib. Who is Billy, Who is Tina, Who is Chuck?

It does feel like Lynch is just purposefully messing with the audience.

And then who were the girls at the end in the bar?

Yeah I thought that too. He goes from moments of genius to utterly pointless crap lol.

Audrey aint looking as good as she once did and that little dude was strange as hell .

Soldato
Episode 13 was pretty good I thought. Loved the end when Big Ed was just sat there watching the traffic go by. So random lol. Didn't get what Audrey Horne's appearance with the midget again was about?
James singing that stupid song from the original season with his girly voice was very cringeworthy imo

Permabanned
I think we will only see 'the return' of old coop once and if he gets to Twin Peaks... We still have the 'double header' assasination event to take place in Vegas by Hutch and Chantal, which will possibly take place at the same time that Albert, Gordon and Dianne make it there (providing the timelines arent messed up which they probably are). It's clear to me old coop isn't going to suddenly 'wake up' so we might even have to wait until bad coop has been recalimed by the lodge at which point there won't be that much to actually be resolved by old coop.

Caporegime
Well the assassination happened - To two people who've barely been in it.

3 episodes to go and not a lot is really happening.

I assume most people have gone off it, since there is barely any discussion of the show.

Man of Honour
Well the assassination happened - To two people who've barely been in it.

3 episodes to go and not a lot is really happening.

I assume most people have gone off it, since there is barely any discussion of the show.

Huge..HUUUUUUUGE fan of Twin Peaks. One of my favourite tv shows ever. But yes, I've lost the will to watch it steadfastedly. There was quite literally only so much of Rain Man Cooper that I could take, if it had been for the first 4 or 5 episodes then I could have gone with it but this just isnt the Twin Peaks I wanted. Indeed, at times, its only just barely Twin Peaks at all.

Back
Top Bottom