So who's applied for 2012 olympics tickets?

Soldato
So is there a limit on how many events you can apply for , otherwise it seems a bit unfair for people who can only afford one event ,and a rich bloke can just apply for the lot and have more chance ?

Soldato
Now into June and there's been no attempt to take any money from my account, bit strange as I applied for mostly unpopular events (early rounds of basketball, table tennis etc) so would have thought I would at least get something, especially as only 1/7 applicants are supposed to be getting nothing and I would have thought a high proportion of those are people who just went yeah, I'm gonna have opening ceremony and 100m final.

That said when it started the said payments would be taken up until 10th June so maybe this "vast majority by 31st May" email was a bit of a red herring in my case.

Same here, I applied to a lot of events, so would be surprised to be 100% unsuccessful. However like you I am yet to have any money taken out.

Caporegime
So is there a limit on how many events you can apply for , otherwise it seems a bit unfair for people who can only afford one event ,and a rich bloke can just apply for the lot and have more chance ?

No, that's it. The more money you have, the more chance you can have to see something.

But the guy they interviewed was taken aback by how a lot more people didn't take more chances. e.g. his credit card limit was only £10,000 but he applied for £36,000 worth. He had to ask for an increase of £1,000 more on his limit but as he said, if it had been any higher he could have simply refused the offer as his credit card would have been declined.

It seems most people have been sensible in only trying to acquire what they could pay for at the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amount of Basket Ball tickets won = 0
Amount of Taekwondo tickets won = 0

Amount GF won from her £1k stash = £60

Great stuff :/

sid

sid

Soldato
Theres gonna be a furore over this. I can't imagine many tickets are left for round 2. Even on the bbc news, the comments are complaining about ppl getting at most 4 tickets.

Clearly the strategy was to apply for thousands which isn't sensible for anyone

Soldato
what a joke...nothing here, none of my work peps or friends have any either.

i hate to jump to accusations - but its a completely unfair system that essentially rewards the greedy.

Soldato
what a joke...nothing here, none of my work peps or friends have any either.

i hate to jump to accusations - but its a completely unfair system that essentially rewards the greedy.

Same with a load of my friends.

About 30% of people who have applied have got some tickets but at most each of these have only won a single pair.

This is going by e-mails flying around and facebook status' of about 10-15 people.

Permabanned
What a shambles, typical British thinking these days, lets make a much money out of this = only the rich can afford to go, typical of London tbh

Back
Top Bottom