So who's applied for 2012 olympics tickets?

Soldato
No money taken here either. So FUBAR or none of us have been drawn.

The whole application / payment / potential refund system is a complete joke :o

Man of Honour
I'm expecting payment to be taken at the end of this week aka Pay Day!

Your wish may be fulfilled.

From the email that just came in:

The vast majority of payments will be taken by next week (31 May), with the entire process completed by 10 June.

We will contact you before 24 June to let you know if you have been successful and, if so, which tickets you have been allocated

Man of Honour
I read something on the Beeb website last week which said they couldn't find a single person who had money taken.

The words "****-up", "arrange", "couldn't", "a", "in", "a" and "brewery" spring horribly to mind at the moment but maybe they'll sort it by the date they've now given - it's only what, the second or third deadline they've set so far? It's rather annoying in that I don't know how much money I'll have left at the end of the month so can't make any plans based on that.

Man of Honour
When I ordered my tickets they said payment would be taken between the 10th of May and 10th of June. So I don't see any change to the "deadline", they are still saying 10th of June as the end date even if the start date was moved on a bit?

You were never assured of being in a position to know how much money you would have at the end of the month as right from day one it was made clear that payment might be taken in either May or June.

One thing I reckon they will have lots of problems if taking payments this week and bearing in mind the majority of people get paid at the end of the month with is people not having sufficient funds available, I can see quite of a lot of people who have put big orders in having them rejected so there could be quite a lot availabe for resale.

Also I guarentee you we will see some muppets getting hit with overdraft charges or whatever and then start kicking up a stink saying how bad the system is and how they should be refunded their charges by L2012. When the reality is they simply didn't keep their finances in order and sufficient funds in the account.

Now I am not looking to support the organisers in terms of the approach they have taken, it seems far from ideal. I've had to move money out of savings to make sure in the worst(best?) case scenario that I've got the funds to cover it. But to their credit even if the system is crap, at least they have been up front from the start in terms of giving people the facts about how it works and then letting them decide if they want to apply for tickets.

Man of Honour
I was aware that I might not be able to know how much money I had left at the end of the month due to this from the start which is why I've rather deliberately left in more than necessary to cover it but that still doesn't prevent it being somewhat annoying given we're now about two weeks after the initial suggested payment date and it doesn't seem that anyone has yet had money taken that I've heard of.

I'd partially agree on giving them credit about how open they've been with the process - however there seem to have been a few further additions/changes beyond a later start date for payments like talking about a second round of ticket sales rather than the initial idea of simply allowing a "market" for people returning tickets.

I'm not convinced that a much later start date should give great hope for them keeping to the same finish date but hopefully they've built enough spare time into the system to allow for any foul ups and from now on it will go swimmingly.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

I've been checking the credit card online four times a day. I need to know more for my own sanity than anything! All quiet on the news front today.

Man of Honour
I've been checking the credit card online four times a day. I need to know more for my own sanity than anything! All quiet on the news front today.

We're all doing that. They’re saying that 60% of the money has already been debited by today so time is running out. You do wonder whether we're hearing the whole truth as they're saying that most of it will have been collected by Tuesday.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

We're all doing that. They’re saying that 60% of the money has already been debited by today so time is running out. You do wonder whether we're hearing the whole truth as they're saying that most of it will have been collected by Tuesday.

Interesting, doing a search on twitter many many more people saying they have seen nothing rather than something!

Man of Honour
there seem to have been a few further additions/changes beyond a later start date for payments like talking about a second round of ticket sales rather than the initial idea of simply allowing a "market" for people returning tickets.

Based on my understanding the two are seperate things:

The second round of ticket sales is to cover tickets which have not been allocated for whatever reason. This could be due to insufficient demand (for the less popular events), or failed payments. People who have tried and failed to get tickets in the first ballot will get first dibs. Whlist I would agree that this part of the equation could have been better publicised, it was inevitable due to how disorganised people are, 100% of payments for 1.8 million tickets or whatever it is were never going to get processed first time, and obviously for undersubscribed events L2012 will be desperate to get the tickets sold sooner rather than later.

The "market" for people 'returning' tickets will be run next year and this is to allow people to sell their tickets to other fans at face value via an official channel. It's entirely possible that you may get lumbered with tickets you are unable to sell for less popular events and there is no guarentee that you will be able to offload them. So people who have 'overbid' will face a nervous period having to wait over 6 months before they know if they can (officially) get rid of unwanted tickets.

Back
Top Bottom