So who's applied for 2012 olympics tickets?

Man of Honour
Congratulations :cool: What percentage of the application did you get?

The amount is around 40% of what I went for which was four tickets. I can only assume it will be two tickets which will be a result as I didn't expect any. The payment still hasn't appeared on my statement this morning and neither has another from Friday. BC are so slow.

Soldato
As the "vast majority" of the ticket payments are supposed to be taken by midnight, has anyone seen any activity yet?

I ordered 14 tickets (pair of tickets for 7 events) and heard nothing yet :(

Soldato
Just to add i had £1k on order, so i cant imagine its anything really good, just hope i get some of the footy.

When do we exactly find out what we have bought?

Man of Honour
Now into June and there's been no attempt to take any money from my account, bit strange as I applied for mostly unpopular events (early rounds of basketball, table tennis etc) so would have thought I would at least get something, especially as only 1/7 applicants are supposed to be getting nothing and I would have thought a high proportion of those are people who just went yeah, I'm gonna have opening ceremony and 100m final.

That said when it started the said payments would be taken up until 10th June so maybe this "vast majority by 31st May" email was a bit of a red herring in my case.

Man of Honour
Even though Barclaycard authorised the payment a few days ago I finally have confirmation on my statement that it has actually been taken. So two tickets (out of four) it is. :D

Man of Honour
I've checked this morning and had £56 taken so that's either one of the bigger finals (swimming/cycling) or it's a couple of the smaller events and that's it - unless of course they're going to do it in stages. I'm surprised if that's all I'd get though as I picked a few of what I thought would be the less popular events so see no reason why they'd be oversubscribed - I wonder if they're dealing with the popular events first before moving onto the less popular, at least that's what I'll be clinging onto until the next announcement/10th June, whichever comes first.

Soldato
how much did you apply for? I know its pot luck but I clearly didn't get more than 4 tickets there by the looks of it.

I only applied for 6 tickets, looking back I should have applied for more, but the whole process is quite unfair in that you need to have a large amount of money at your disposal to be able to order enough tickets to be in with a chance of getting some.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some tickets in the next round, or for sale on the official site. Failing that I'll just wander down and soak up the atmosphere, I only live 5 min away.

dod

dod

Soldato
I got one set of tickets out of the six I asked for. Bit of a dilemma as it was going to be a 25th wedding anniversary trip but I'm not going to spend a week in London just for one day at the Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom