Solar eclipse to plunge Britain into darkness - March 20th

I had everything set up and the sky was clear up until the moment and then thick dark clouds covered the sun and sky. What a disappointment.

To be honest I doubt whether I would have got a decent image anyway being new to this DSLR malarkey. Still a shame to have missed it though.

Edinburgh.

Woke up, clear skies. 8.30am clear skies. 9am pretty much clear. 9.15am ALMOST COMPLETE CLOUD COVER. :mad::mad:

Here are mine:

1_zpsdhdqr1rm.png

2_zps7n0kqcvl.png

3_zpsjbbtpb2y.png

4_zpssog2eqae.png

5_zpsvq5ddske.png

Not half as good as some others here but I'm actually really chuffed with these :D

Don't laugh....but I could only get a proper picture by sticking a blank CD in front of the lens :cool: Annoyingly I'd set the camera up and focus which looked perfect, then when it took the picture it would just be too bright to see anything :(

Why can't you looks at it? I've looked at the full sun before without my eyes setting ablaze in their sockets, so how come a half a sun is so dangerous?

And what are the chances of anything happening?

Why can't you looks at it? I've looked at the full sun before without my eyes setting ablaze in their sockets, so how come a half a sun is so dangerous?

Your irises open up more due to the darkened conditions which means your eyes are taking in more sunlight than they usually would, which can be damaging.

Thing is why risk it to see a bloody eclipse for a few seconds? According to the news people have been coming into hospitals with permanent solar burns at the backs of their eyes.

That's my two cents anyway. Don't care what anybody else does. :p

Back
Top Bottom